Are you interested in continuing your career in CJTF HOA/AFRICOM in a mission focused environment? Leidos Defense Group has established upcoming positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense on a newly awarded contract. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement CJTF HOA/AFRICOM's mission objectives.
What You'll Get to Do:
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Network Audio Visual/VTC Engineer. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, CJTF-HOA located OCONUS in Djibouti, Africa. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting, repairing and supporting switching and routing devices, firewalls, load balancers, alarmed carrier devices, uninterruptable power supplies, and in-line network encryption devices, which deliver the organization's Audio Visual and Video Teleconferencing capabilities.
- Configuring devices in accordance with security policies.
- Developing and maintaining IP address schemes for all assigned networks, and annually review and update the Master IP Routing Schema.
- Troubleshooting and correcting all detected or reported network faults or outages.
- Providing assistance via remote access, phone, or in person.
- Possessing and demonstrating excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as extensive experience with network hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity.
- Demonstrating strong customer service-orientation and proactive nature in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of resources
- Possessing and demonstrating thorough knowledge of AV/VTC hardware, software and network connections.
- Managing and maintaining Multi-media Streaming Systems and Video Teleconferencing (VTC) ranging from simple desktop to more complex integrated AV systems.
- Providing first line fault monitoring on the customers networks making best use of available network management tools.
- Identifying, isolating and classifying network faults identified either manually or via available network management tools
- Receiving, confirming, and classifying network reported faults identified by customers or performance management tools.
- Communicating clearly and succinctly both written and orally, have strong leadership skills, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Working in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Demonstrating experience in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- Designing, operating, maintaining, and managing the LAN infrastructure (e.g., switching and routing devices, firewalls, load balancers, alarmed carrier devices, uninterruptible power supplies, in-line network encryption devices).
- Providing VIP fly-away comms support.
- Performing maintenance and operation AV, VTC, and maintenance of Voice services.
- Coordinating hardware and software system installation and ensures specifications are met.
- Creating and maintaining thorough documentation for all incident resolutions and troubleshooting instructions in the Knowledge Databases.
- Working with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensuring that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule.
- Providing remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Must hold and maintain an active Top Secret/SCI Clearance
BA/BS + 5 years recent specialized experience
CCNP - Video (Collaboration) Certification
CompTIA Security + (IAT Level II or greater)
Experience with Cisco Routers and Switches
Experience with Video Teleconferencing (VTC) systems and networking
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
ITIL v3 - Foundation
Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
Experience with DoD IT security requirements
Experience working in a CJTF