Are you interested in continuing your career in CJTF HOA/AFRICOM in a mission focused environment? Leidos Defense Group has established and upcoming positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense on a newly awarded contract. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement CJTF HOA/AFRICOM's mission objectives.
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Network Engineer (NE). This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, CJTF-HOA located OCONUS in DJIBOUTI, Africa. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Engineering, planning, installing, troubleshooting and executing changes to highly available network infrastructure with minimal impact to 24x7 operations.
- Demonstrating extensive experience and technical knowledge both Enterprise and Data Center network.
- Performing hands-on technical work and providing technical expertise and leadership for enterprise network infrastructure at customer site.
- Working in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Demonstrating experience in interfacing with both internal and external executive leadership.
- Communicating clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Demonstrating strong interpersonal skills due to continual interaction with managers, clients, and users with varying technical backgrounds in a fast-paced work environment.
- Working with a team of network engineers, system administrators and voice engineers in support of a geographically dispersed regional network.
- Ensuring the maintenance of all networks, consisting of primarily Cisco routers and switches, with support for other vendors (e.g. KLAS, DTech, etc.) products.
- Maintaining all layer 3 routing and layer 2 switching and The SRNE will be involved with the design of complex routing and switching schemes to support Control Cryptographic HAIPE devices.
- Performing site surveys, configuration and engineering, installation planning and documentation services for the customer as they relate to network services.
- Analyzing network protocols, routing standards and procedures, traffic patterns and data flow, and providing equipment implementation and upgrade recommendations.
- Providing project support services for infrastructure, ADP systems, and Network/Server Support Facility enhancement.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Must hold and maintain an active Top Secret / SCI Clearance
CCNP Routing and Switching Certification
DOD 8570 IAT III compliance
Must be willing/able to work OCONUS for minimum of one year
BA/BS + 5 years of experience supporting complex networks and network Infrastructure
3 + years of experience supporting geographically dispersed networks in a NOC type setting.
5 or more years' experience in management of projects/tasks similar in scope and requirements to current program
Detail oriented and organized; able to understand network evaluation criteria and be exact in assessments
Must be able to effectively interact with staff from other sections on complex client/server problems
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the following components: Cisco Unified Call Manager, Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances, IPSEC VPNs (including those utilizing Next-Generation Encryption), ViaSat and General Dynamics HAIPE Inline Network Encryptors, Multicast distribution and delivery, Layer 2 and 3 QoS mechanisms, Riverbed Steelhead Appliances, F5 and BlueCoat Proxy Appliances.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
CCIE (Routing and Switching) Certification
CISSP Certification (or equivalent IAT Level III certification)
ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
Experience supporting CJTF