Are you interested in continuing your career in CJTF HOA/AFRICOM in a mission focused environment? Leidos has established and upcoming positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense on a newly awarded contract. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement CJTF HOA/AFRICOM's mission objectives.
What You'll Get to Do:
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Windows Systems Administrator (SA). This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, CJTF-HOA located OCONUS in DJIBOUTI, Africa . This position is required to travel OCONUS.
In this role you will:
- Perform a variety of difficult assignments associated with monitoring and controlling computer operating systems.
- Supervise and manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of business systems.
- Optimize system operation and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning.
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using business systems.
- Set up and maintains more than one type of computer system such as Open VMS Systems/DSM environments, UNIX systems (SCO and SUN), and Windows systems.
- Analyze system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
- Evaluate and install developed software during various phases of testing.
- Review and prepare documentation for systems, tests and installation of software.
- Investigate and recommend methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Initiate preventive maintenance on the operating systems as well as repair to system/environment problems.
- Administer systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules.
- Interface with vendors for trouble calls.
- Support the planning of system/environment requirements for individual projects.
- Provide work direction and guidance to others.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Demonstrate experience in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- Supporting systems and applications on a geographically dispersed Windows 10 Enterprise network with multiple types of servers and server applications.
- Performing Windows system administrator functions supporting a global Active Directory infrastructure in a mixed Windows environment.
- Providing journeyman level knowledge and Tier 0/1 support to the customer and their components to include Tier 0/1 infrastructure troubleshooting and support that involves the configuration and administration of servers in their area of operation.
- Providing remote support and/or travel to customer servers and sites as required.
- Possess experience with maintaining and supporting network devices consisting of primarily Cisco routers and switches.
- Demonstrate success by using knowledge of the systems and providing necessary administration and maintenance support
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• Must hold and maintain an active Secret Clearance
• BA/BS + 4 years or AA/AS +6 years or a major cert +8 years or 9 years of recent specialized experience
• Certifications: MCSA - Server 2012, VCA
• DOD 8570 IAT 2 compliance (CompTIA Security +, Equivalent or greater)
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• ITIL v3 - Foundation
• Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files
• Experience with Microsoft SCCM
• Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
• Experience working in VmWare ESXi environments
• Experience with network storage (SAN/NAS)
• Experience with enterprise backup solutions
• Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
• Experience working with and supporting Cisco Routers and Switches