Job Description:More About the Role:
The Junior AWS Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will support the implementation and production operations of AWS-centric infrastructure to support the digitally transformed 2020 Census enumeration. When the 2020 Census is underway, the USCB system-of-systems will be scaled up to become one of the largest production environments running in the AWS GovCloud. The ideal candidate communicates clearly, works well both alone and with others, enjoys learning, deploying and scaling new technologies, and is a proponent of automation/infrastructure as code.What You'll Get to Do:
• Automate, scale, and patch our multi-region AWS GovCloud cloud infrastructure deployments via CloudFormation, Lambda and Jenkins.
• Automate application build and deployment pipelines.
• Design new capabilities with best practices and security at the forefront.
• Identify and improve on possible points of failure in the infrastructure/applications.
• Support troubleshooting incidents as they arise and participate in post-mortems.
• Develop documentation and processes to train IT support staff.You'll Bring These Qualifications:
-Requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience, preferably in software engineering discipline.
• Knowledge of AWS user, security, and networking configurations.
• Familiarity with the following AWS Services: EC2, S3, RDS, CloudFormation, VPC, IAM, CloudWatch, Lambda, etc.
• Knowledge of deployment automation tools such as Jenkins or Ansible.
• Experience scripting in python or bash or comparable language.
• Experience scripting against AWS CLI.
• Familiarity with enterprise CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Github, and Artifactory.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.