The Lead Systems Administrator works independently with minimal supervision providing systems administration for the Infrastructure and Deactivation & Remediation contractors at the Portsmouth site as well as the DOE site office. The ideal candidate will lead a small team of Sys Admins through technical knowledge and guidance; responsible for coaching and reviewing the work of lower level technical staff.
- Provide primary support and management of the IT server infrastructure and hosted systems.
- Support first-tier technical staff with the resolution of more complex issues related to software tools, applications, databases, and system access.
- Analyze and resolve hardware and software problems for end users, with primary emphasis on server-related issues.
- Leads System Administration of Email and Microsoft Exchange across the site, among other technologies
- Provide troubleshooting support for IT staff.
- Recommend hardware and software solutions to meet end user and IT needs.
- Support Cyber Security compliance and audit preparation in coordination with the Cyber Security Team.
- Consults with internal departments to identify customer needs and include into both operational and project objectives.
- Remain conversant with the industry's computer security technology and practices with technical skills and applicable experience with related technologies.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance at a Q level.
- Bachelor's degree or four-year college, vocational, or technical program beyond high school with emphasis in computer science or Telecommunication System Management AND four years directly applicable experience; or Masters with a minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to collaborate with technical staff and customers in forming strategies to improve performance.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with competing priorities.
- Technical skills and applicable experience with related technologies such as: Microsoft Windows and Server Operating Systems (up to 2016); Microsoft SQL server (up to 2012); VMWare View, vCenter 6.5, vSphere 6.5; Microsoft SCCM, System Center Suite and Patch Management, Exchange, Active Directory; SAN Infrastructure; Symantec/Veeam backup & replication; Disaster recovery/contingency planning; Monitoring Solutions; DFS Namespace and Replication, DNS, DHCP; Microsoft Certificate Authority, SSL certificates, KMS licensing.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- DOE site experience strongly preferred
- Active TOP SECRET clearance
- Related industry-recognized certifications MCP, MCSE, and/or VMware VCP preferred.