The Mission Systems Integration division of Leidos is seeking a Configuration Management Specialist to support multiple programs in Northern Virginia. One of the primary programs is Sea Hunter. Sea Hunter is an entirely new class of ocean-going vessel-one intended to traverse thousands of kilometers over the open seas for months at a time, all without a single crew member aboard. The Configuration Management Specialist will work in conjunction with our talented team of engineers, scientists and analytical experts. The Configuration Management Specialist will be responsible for creating / maintaining system and process baselines for all program applications, deliverables and components as well as conduct formal software builds and installation on baselined system (vessel).
- Create the initial software Configuration Management environment, process and standards.
- Document and maintain end-to-end processes for product development, peer review, change control, test and engineering release activities.
- Develop processes for tracking Configuration Items including customer provided items
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a Configuration Management plan, Configuration Management and Document Management procedures.
- Use SharePoint tools for managing changes for non-software deliverables and technical drawings.
- Use Subversion for software release management.
- Authorize the release of software change-sets, processes, drawings and software configuration changes specified by management and other functional groups.
- Track all problems and changes in work products and report changes and current configuration.
- Prepare, maintain and inventory hardware, software and associated technical drawings for assigned projects.
- Provide monthly configuration and document metric reporting for management review.
- Facilitate Engineering Review Board and Configuration Control Board meetings.
- Record and maintain assessment and audit findings, minutes, and action items.
- Perform Configuration Status Accounting.
- Maintain status accounting records to ensure that current and historical configurations of products can be accurately determined throughout the product life cycle.
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills / ability to present to peers and leadership.
- Bachelor's degree with 4+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of related experience, training and / or certifications accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Currently possess a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience with Software Configuration Management.
- Knowledge of diverse programming languages including Java and C++.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
- Understanding of PLC's and interface software / hardware.
- Experience using Subversion (SVN) Configuration Management and GIT.
- Knowledge of CMMI Level 3 processes.
- Experience with Apache Jenkins or Bamboo integration platforms.