Leidos is currently in need of a responsible individual to fill the position of Animal Care Facility (ACF) Facility Manager. The successful candidate will oversee facility operations, manage day-to-day operations and provide a liaison function between the Florida facility and the project/management team in Houston; all while remaining in compliance with local, state and federal regulations. The candidate must have outstanding communication skills, ensuring that status and needs are communicated in a timely and effective manner.
- Oversee ACF operations
- Interface and coordinate with facility owners, subcontract team, facility users, and facility visitors from NASA, Leidos, and/or Principal Investigator teams
- Respond to customer inquiries and refer clients to the appropriate channels
- Ensure quality of all services and processes within the facility
- Monitor and support IT configuration for guest and environmental chamber computers. Must be knowledgeable enough to work with facility or expert helpdesks.
- Perform facility tours, audits, inspections, property audits
- Monitor for maintenance issues or configuration changes, take care of minor repairs and cleanup and place needed maintenance work orders
- Manage and configure labs/offices as mission needs demand
- Coordinate calibration of tools/equipment
- Manage the maintenance, preparation, routing and tracking of purchase orders required to support mission operations
- Maintain adequate lab inventory and order items as necessary
- Communicate status and needs timely and effectively
- Ensure compliance with all safety and security protocols
- Monitor Hurricane plan readiness and execution as weather requires
- Communicate shipments into and out of the facility
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Science, Logistics, or related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in facilities or lab management position
- Possess IT knowledge to communicate and troubleshoot issues
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Prior experience in an Animal Care Facility
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience with NASA property and/or procedures
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and systems. Work cannot begin on the contract without a fully adjudicated security clearance. If you are not a United States Citizen or Green Card holder, this check could take 12-18 months to complete.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.