The Leidos Health Operations is seeking a Test Lead to support a program in Bethesda, MD.
The Test Lead will work with stakeholders and development teams at the Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health (NIH), Electronic Research Administration (eRA) at our Bethesda, Md location. eRA is a federal government shared service provider of Grants Management services and solutions supporting the research grant portfolios of Federal agencies across the Federal government.
The Test Lead will be responsible for formulating and implementing eRA testing strategy for a complex multi-system program; designing, developing, and maintaining automated test tools, scripts, and test suites. The candidate will work with the teams to improve testing processes, approach, tools and techniques to increase efficiency and software quality.
- Formulates and develops effective test architecture based on eRA needs
- Develops short and long-term testing strategies
- Leads a team of test and quality assurance engineers responsible for executing all types of testing for each application release in an agile environment.
- Develops and implements software/systems testing standards and procedures and oversee testing across all teams throughout the SDLC.
- Promotes and trains on recommended test processes including continuous testing and test automation
- Works closely with other leads such as development lead, business analysts, product owners and scrum masters to ensure correct processes are in place and followed.
- Coordinates with Initiative Leads for special in itiative level testing requirements such as end-to-end, security and performance testing.
- Leads testing effort/activities to deliver application releases to the Production environment.
- Leads test automation initiatives in support of continuous integration.
- Participates in all phases of risk management assessments and software development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
- Conducts root-cause analysis sessions to define preventive and corrective actions.
- Conducts root-cause analysis on defects found in production to identify if there are any missing test scenario or test data in the regression suites.
- Participates in daily scrum meetings and agile ceremonies.
- Provides innovative solutions for more efficient test strategy.
- Helps other testers in adopting new testing techniques and strategies.
- BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 10+ years of overall experience in Software Quality Assurance field
- 4+ years of experience as a Test Lead
- 5+ years of experience with test automation
- Experience incorporating security testing into agile frameworks
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Experience with drafting test plans and test cases
- Experience with performance and load testing
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile-Scrum development methodology
- Experience with mentoring and training team members
- Experience with gathering metrics and monitoring progress
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and looking to continuously improve quality through optimization, automation, and innovation
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- ISTQB certified tester
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with security testing and static/dynamic code analysis tools such as Nessus, Netsparker, SonarQube, etc.
- Knowledge of Grants Management and Health Care related support activities, processes, and regulations is preferred