The Electronic Warfare Division of Leidos is looking for early to mid-career level engineers with a Mechanical or Aerospace background to support our growing work in the Eglin office. This position supports the flight test of advanced missile system by performing design trades and detailed mechanical design of a missile control system. This is an opportunity to design, assemble, write control software, demonstrate performance, and work on a flight test program. Work directly with the organizations developing the most advanced weapons systems in the world in the high profile area of hypersonic and advanced weapons systems.
Be part of a close-knit team and be mentored by world-class experts. The Aerophysics group operates in a small team environment where individual creativity is rewarded and continuous learning is the norm. Our engineers typically work directly with Air Force personnel and regularly interact with contracting teams from Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrup Grumman, etc. TheDestin-Fort Walton Beach-Niceville area is home to world famous beaches and a relaxed 'salt-life' lifestyle.
Apply CAD and mechanical engineering skills to design a system from the ground up. Perform assembly and checkout and use Labview to demonstrate functionality of actuation system. Incorporate open and closed loop control algorithms developed by the team to test their functionality. Support live fire testing of actual missile hardware. Use your engineering knowledge to improve the design of these new weapons systems as they are being matured.
Clearance: Must be a U.S. Citizen with active Secret clearance.
Education: Candidates should have Bachelor's degree and 2-3 years' experience in industry or a Master's in a relevant field.
Must be able to:
• Perform CAD, FEA, Labview code development
• Order components and get parts machined
• Grasp the big picture and make decisions about how to proceed with development and testing
• Have experience working in a laboratory environment and with mechatronic/robotic systems
Must have strong verbal and written communication skills for effective communication within the Aerophysics group, as well as, with industry teaming partners and customers.
Recent and relevant experience with one of the following disciplines is required:
• Mechanical/Aerospace Design - the demonstrated experience to perform design and trade study functions in order to clearly show the benefits of one design over another
• Robotics - the operation of robotic systems including the development of control algorithms
• Labview - strong skills in developing object oriented code in the Labview environment to control systems and to acquire data
• Flight testing - prior experience in flight test planning, execution, and data reduction particularly as it pertains to missiles
Desired Skills: Preferred candidates will have recent and relevant skills with some of the following software tools.
• Solidworks or similar
• 6-DOF and other
TRAVEL: Attend technical reviews at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, estimated