Job Requisition:Senior Linux Systems Administrator
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
Leidos has an opening for a Senior Linux Systems Administrator with experience to support the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, Windows Server, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
- Provide Redhat Linux systems (Unix) support in a multi-site enterprise data center environment
- Work independently and as part of a team, to perform high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of complex Redhat systems (Unix) supporting applications that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills
- Perform all duties of Redhat administration including installation, configuration, securing, performance tuning, and troubleshooting
- Apply higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at an engineering solution
- Prepare technical reports and related documentation, and makes charts and graphs as needed to record results
- Prepare and deliver presentations and briefings as required by the Task Order
- May be required to serve as Team Leader
- Ensure the quality and services delivered for particular task(s) for which this skill is performing the Team Leader position
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years’ experience as a Unix System Administrator, additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Operational experience with RHEL6 and RHEL7
- 3+ years deploying Unix in a secured environments, i.e., DISA
- 3+ years using Redhat Satellite
- Experience documenting system processes for Unix environments
- Required hardware: VMWare and Azure
- Required software: Operating Systems - RHEL6 and RHEL7; Other: Redhat Satellite Server and Redhat Clustering
- VMWare Aware
- Azure Aware
- DISA environment hardening experience
- Linux Centos experience
- BMC Remedy experience
- Complex korn shell (ksh) scripting
- Pseries Linux
- Ability to apply user requirements to the analysis, planning, and design of technology systems
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to the Government Lead
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Ability to interface with all customer levels
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.