The Exploration and Mission Support Operation (EMS) within the Civil Group has an opening for a Deputy Technical Director. In this role, the successful candidate will be someone who is looking for a dynamic, fast-paced and not-the-same-thing-every-day type of position. The qualified individual will be willing to put in the extra effort and time to ensure success and support a wide variety of tasks. Each week can bring something different, and the candidate must show flexibility and be willing to adjust based on priorities. We are seeking a self-starter who can take on an assignment with general direction and be able to figure out the details. The position is a full-time, long-term position, however, an individual who is looking for a rotational assignment (~18 months) in order to gain exposure across a diverse business portfolio and to hone their technical and program management skills would be well-suited for this role. Remote/Telework is allowed.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Math or Science is desired and 12+ years of experience
- Technical background is required as this position covers a wide range of programs; AI/ML or End User Services experience is preferred.
- Ability to quickly understand wide range of new technology/concepts
- A wide range of knowledge across many areas at varying levels of understanding with a specific understanding of cyber security, networking, storage, cloud, etc;
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts and designs to non-technical personnel and the ability to present to various levels of leadership
- Able to juggle multiple tasks at the same time, switching between different tasks multiple times per day
- Experience with successful program return-to-green activities
- Experience working on a proposals is preferred to ensure candidate understands the proposal development process and amount of effort required.
- Experience participating in proposal gate reviews in order to lead BRR, TRR, and XPR.
- Experience leading a team and conducting meetings
- Ability to travel as needed (approximately 20% if located in DC metro area, will be more if outside of the dc area) depending on base location.