Leidos Flight Service has help desk position available in our National Support Center to work in our Ashburn, VA facility. We are an FAA contract supporting general aviation customers in Preflight, Inflight, Operational, Emergency, and Special Services. Leidos Fight Service provides meteorological and aeronautical information to assist general aviation customers in making informed decisions regarding their intended flights, including but not limited to preflight weather briefings, processing flight plans, search and rescue, as well as inflight meteorological and aeronautical information. Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer. Due to contract requirements, the position requires U.S. Citizenship.
The candidate will join an exciting team of help desk technicians supporting the FAA Automated Flight Service contract. This is a great opportunity to gain customer support experience working in a small call center supporting a wide range of users and customers across the country. This job provides exposure to many technologies used around the world. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for effectively answering technical requests regarding our proprietary software and public website.
• Assists in all activities of a Help Desk supporting program employees and pilots who use our service.
• Ensures that help desk tickets are tracked, assigned and closed appropriately.
• Maintains a service-oriented attitude in all situations.
• Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers.
• Actively monitor systems and respond to critical system issues.
• Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
• This position requires the candidate to have a flexible schedule in order to support a help desk operation that runs 24 x 7.
• Maintain good writing, interpersonal communication, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently and be a contributing team member.
• Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent and 3 - 5 years of prior relevant experience.
• Familiarity with some form of ITSM ticketing platforms
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
• General knowledge of Linux/Windows operating systems
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Customer Service Experience
• Call Center Experience
• Account Management Experience
• Able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer
• Due to contract requirements, this position requires U.S. Citizenship
• Experience using Jira Service Desk
• Experience using Nagios infrastructure monitoring software
• Knowledge of general aviation and/or the national airspace system