Leidos has an immediate need for a COBOL Developer for a USDA program in New Orleans, LA.
The developer will provide programming support with a minimum of supervision in an environment where a COBOL/RPG/SQL system is transitioning to a web-based environment. The primary programming language used for the individual filling this position will be COBOL. Responsibilities include design, coding, and testing along with proper documentation. Must be able to perform in an open communication, information-sharing team environment.
The COBOL Developer will:
• Provide development and ongoing software support and issue resolution
• Design, code, test, document, debug and maintain stable programs in a COBOL/RPG/SQL environment
• Bachelors degree and at least 8 years of demonstrated experience managing complex IDMS application Databases. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
• Must have experience maintaining IDMS Integrated Data Dictionaries.
• Must have COBOL programming experience.
• Must have experience working in a mainframe z/OS environment including experience with ISPF, JCL and utilities.
• Must have experience troubleshooting batch and ADSO run-time IDMS errors.
• Must have experience performing logical and physical IDMS database updates.
• Must have experience with Disaster Recovery and shall have documented experience with successful Disaster Recovery operations.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.