No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Leidos has an opening for a Senior Linux Systems Administrator with experience to support the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, Windows Server, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
- Provide Redhat Linux systems (Unix) support in a multi-site enterprise data center environment
- Work independently and as part of a team, to perform high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of complex Redhat systems (Unix) supporting applications that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills
- Perform all duties of Redhat administration including installation, configuration, securing, performance tuning, and troubleshooting
- Apply higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at an engineering solution
- Prepare technical reports and related documentation, and makes charts and graphs as needed to record results
- Prepare and deliver presentations and briefings as required by the Task Order
- May be required to serve as Team Leader
- Ensure the quality and services delivered for particular task(s) for which this skill is performing the Team Leader position
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years' experience as a Unix System Administrator, additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Operational experience with RHEL6 and RHEL7
- 3+ years deploying Unix in a secured environments, i.e., DISA
- 3+ years using Redhat Satellite
- Experience documenting system processes for Unix environments
- Required hardware: VMWare and Azure
- Required software: Operating Systems - RHEL6 and RHEL7; Other: Redhat Satellite Server and Redhat Clustering
- VMWare Aware
- Azure Aware
- DISA environment hardening experience
- Linux Centos experience
- BMC Remedy experience
- Complex korn shell (ksh) scripting
- Pseries Linux
- Ability to apply user requirements to the analysis, planning, and design of technology systems
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to the Government Lead
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Ability to interface with all customer levels
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills