Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? Leidos Defense Group has established upcoming positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense for a newly awarded contract. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement of AFRICOM's mission objectives.
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, GCCS Systems Administrator. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US AFRICOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
The successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner. The candidate will be required to work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts. The candidate must be experienced in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
In this role, you will be responsible for and experienced in:
- Supporting systems and applications on a geographically dispersed Windows Enterprise network with multiple types of servers and server applications.
- Ensuring system availability and reliability of the Global Command and Control System - Joint (GCCS-J) and related GCCS Family of Systems (FoS) on the networks.
- Establishing complex operational databases, software configuration control and system interfaces for computer systems related to customer GCCS systems.
- Maintaining file servers and network access. Documents, analyzes and troubleshoots systems anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance.
- Effective and efficient operation and interconnectivity of a Department of Defense Network and will execute the actions required to correct deficiencies or shortcomings and to improve system performance and efficiency.
- Performing System and Network Administration and System Security.
- Providing senior level knowledge and Tier 3 support to the customer and their components to include Tier 3 infrastructure, design, implementation, troubleshooting, and support that builds, configures, and administers GCCS and related GCCS FoS.
- Configuring devices in accordance with security policies.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Communicating clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Working in a dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- Providing technical leadership to other members of the team including training, mentoring and delegating team tasks.
- Provide systems administration, system maintenance, and technical refresh/upgrade support to C2 application/systems. Work with GCCS PMO or other designated C2 PMO.
- Procuring hardware with minimum specifications as determined by the PMO and GOTS developer.
- Providing remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Must hold and maintain an active Secret Clearance
- BA/BS + 4 years or AA/AS + 6 years or a major cert +8 years or 9 years of recent specialized experience
- Oracle Solaris, RHCSA (Red Hat Certified System Administrator) or MCSA-Windows Server 2012
- DOD 8570 IAT III compliance
- Experience with team leadership including mentoring, delegation and providing team updates to management.
- Working knowledge of supporting Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008-2016, VMWare vSphere, Solaris 10-11, Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Working knowledge of Solaris zones and Red Hat Kernel Virtual Machines (KVM)
- Experience in GCCS administration, systems integration, network administration
- TESA eligibility
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- ITIL v3 - Foundation
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Experience with the following systems: TBMCS, AEGIS, DCGS, JTT, ADNS, TADL, Link, ADSI, JTAGS
- Experience with: ICSF, COP, Agile Client, TMSWeb, KML/KMZ, MIL STD 2525D, ArcGIS, Google Earth
- Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
- Experience with DoD IT security requirements
- Experience with VmWare ESXi administration
- Experience with managing and developing Group Policies
- Experience working with and supporting Cisco Routers and Switches