Job Requisition:Logistics Engineering Manager
Leidos is seeking an Logistics Engineering Manager to lead a team of logistics subject matter experts in the lifecycle support of AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 systems. Support includes all facets of logistics, with focus on Supply Support, Maintenance Planning, Configuration Management, Obsolescence Management, and Engineering Change Proposals. Both the hardware and software of the system are in spiral development, and the Logistics Engineering Manager is responsible for ensuring all logistics products are developed in accordance with the Integrated Logistics Support Plan (ILSP) and meet the requirements of the PEO IWS 5 Product Support Manager (PSM).
- The selected candidate will lead a team of logistics SMEs supporting US Navy and FMS products for the AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 system
- Provide subject matter expertise to analyze and evaluate Undersea Warfare (USW) system lifecycle methodology, supportability techniques and advances, and product improvement to help ensure their effectiveness and efficiency
- Work closely with the PEO IWS 5 Product Support Manager (PSM)
- The Logistics Engineering Manager is responsible for tasking, budget and schedule of all task elements
- The Logistics Engineering Manager will be required to develop and implement policies and procedures that will standardize our technical support
- The Logistics Engineering Manager will be responsible for identifying areas to improve products released to the fleet and champion an environment of continuous improvement along a defined technology road map
- The selected candidate will determine ways to mitigate obsolescence and provide end of life buys and sparing recommendations
- The candidate will determine the level of repair for the system and implement PSM guidance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience (additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree)
- At least 12 years demonstrated experience with ILS for US Navy shipboard Systems programs throughout the complete Acquisition cycle, (from development through retirement)
- Significant supervisory experience whereby cost, schedule, and performance commitments have been achieved
- Must have prior experience leading a life-cycle product development team
- Experience with NAVSEA programs and their lifecycle support
- Prior experience with developing products for DoD programs
- Excellent written communication and grammatical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have and be able to maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 or APB Operations
- DAU level II life-cycle logistics qualifications
- Experience in Maintenance Planning and development
- Reliability Centered Maintenance Knowledge
- Experience using SharePoint and MS Project
- Travel may be required for this position
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.