Job Requisition:Head of IT Procurement
Job Description:Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We are looking for an experienced IT/IS Procurement specialist to join the team.
You will take responsibility for IT/IS supplier management matters, ensure resolution of commercial issues and commercial negotiations for the business.
You will be responsible for all strategic and tactical procurement of all software, hardware and IT services especially cloud.
Key to this role will be the ability to drive strategic value and creative solution with the stakeholders, to guide and support a commercial and technological outcome that’s best for our business and revenue.
• Identify, manage, negotiate and develop stakeholder and strategic supplier relationships in hardware, software, cloud and IT services categories.
• Strategic and tactical sourcing and procurement of required services in line with company strategy and required governance
• Negotiation of pricing and commercial contracts to ensure optimal cost and mitigated risk
• Management of corporate RFP process
• Detailed analysis and benchmarking of relevant of industry rates pricing and suppliers
• Identify and deliver cost reduction and risk mitigation initiatives
• Manage / develop preparation of essential procurement reports and spend metrics for senior management
• Identify and implement best practices in global procurement
• Develop and mentor procurement team as necessary to provide a world-class function
Required Skills & Experience
• Proven experience in a global procurement role within the civil and defence sector beneficial with minimum for 10 years proven procurement experience within IT at a senior level.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Cost negotiation skills
• Contract formation, negotiation and management
• Procurement metrics and spend reporting
• Solid forecasting and planning ability
• Procurement process, policy and procedure
• Strong numerical skill set; able to analyse and interpret wide spanning costs and budgets
• Excellent IT skills, in particular strong knowledge and experience with Excel
• Strong team player with high self-motivation and positive ‘can-do’ attitude, who can deliver high value output independently, but also lead direct cross-functional teams, to produce high quality improvements in governance, risk management and internal controls
• Delivers feedback on risks and issues in a manner that retains trust, gains buy-in and encourages ownership by relevant stakeholders to implement improvements
• Naturally inquisitive in order to challenge the status quo, desire to constantly improve proficiency and knowledge in new or unfamiliar areas
• Able to manage and prioritise multiple assignments at any one time, delivering high quality work that meets agreed commitments
The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these though their tenure.
• Managing relationships and team working - able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
• Communication - able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
• Planning and organising - able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, budget and resources.
• Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically.
• Collaborating across boundaries – ensure, processes and policy are implemented and enforced across the function.
• Maximising business effectiveness – provides the best value by sharing skills and knowledge across the company
• Living the Leidos Values – sets high standards and brand values
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.