Do you want to be the cornerstone for IT systems and services? Leidos has an opportunity for a multi-talented senior Infrastructure Engineer in the Navy’s location at San Diego, CA/Point Loma, CA. This position provides option for a 9/80 schedule and relocation assistance is available for well-qualified, selected candidates. You must have an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance with a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) to be considered for this position.
This position is responsible for building and maintaining the fabric on which all other IT systems and services are built. You will be responsible for providing day-to-day Systems Administration for the Linux Virtual Machines (VMs) and installed hardware. You will also administrate and operate aspects of multiple systems and related software including Linux RHEL 6 servers in VMWare and Amazon Web Services hosted environments, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and Windows servers. Some of your daily tasks will be to…
- Create scripts to set polices and standards within the Operating Systems. Scripts will be needed for quicker patching and debugging.
- Assist the Configuration Management (CM) Team with Software Configuration Management (SCM) duties such as configuration identification, configuration change control, configuration status accounting, configuration verification, and audits.
- Help manage software baselines and deployments within development in addition to the customer release processes.
- Automate, develop, and perform software deployments for both internally and externally developed software test environments
- Receive, catalog, and perform version control for vendor baselines and software project deliverables.
- Perform deployment installation audits and baseline identification for test environments.
- Support development change management processes such as the Engineering Review Board (ERB) and Change Control Board (CCB).
- This position requires an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 10+ years of related experience including software installation and maintenance experience.
- Working knowledge of Information Assurance and Certification & Accreditation requirements as well as facility security requirements provided by SSC-PAC.
- Experience designing, installing and troubleshooting virtual and cloud data analytics environments, including the Navy Tactical Cloud Reference Implementation (TCRI) and the Agile Core Services (ACS) framework.
- Experience writing scripts for at least one operating system (Linux, Windows).
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Experience with continuous integration environments (e.g., Jenkins).
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and will be required to have contact with both a project technical lead and be able to take direction from our Navy government lead.
- Must possess or have the ability to possess an IAT II certification level, i.e., Cybersecurity Workforce Credentials IAT 2 (Linux OS and Security+ or equivalent).
- Experience with Geospatial-based application development and web-portal frameworks such as Ozone Widget Framework highly desirable.
- Experience developing in Linux and a virtualized environment.
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Linux, Windows).
- Experience as a Linux system administrator, preferably RedHat Linux.
- Experience with configuring and administering OS images in Amazon Web Services.
- Experience as a tool administrator for Atlassian SCM tools suite.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Two years’ experience designing, installing and troubleshooting virtual and cloud data analytics environments, including the Navy Tactical Cloud Reference Implementation (TCRI) and the Agile Core Services (ACS) framework.
- Prior work as a software engineer is a plus.
- Experience with any of the following: Ansible, Docker, Git, Jira, Hadoop, Red Hat Linux, VMware
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.