Leidos is hiring for a Senior Network Administrator in Oklahoma City, OK. The candidate must provide telecommunications infrastructure services for the continuing development, design, installation, enhancement and network management for the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center (MMAC) backbone network and MMAC Internet Access Point (IAP). This includes providing telecommunications infrastructure expertise to the regions, centers and service areas to enhance, document, and manage the MMAC backbone network and IAP.
Specifically, the candidate will:
- Coordinate with regional/service area network teams in supporting NAS programs utilizing the FAA Telecommunications Infrastructure (FTI) Mission Support Network and FTI Operational Network.
- Coordinate with regional/service area network teams in supporting the FAA Administrative Voice Enterprise Services (FAVES) program.
- Provide network management expertise, management, monitoring and configuration of all network devices for the backbone network consisting of copper and optic cabling including local-area network (LAN). These local area networks will interface with Wide Area Networks (WANs) and support Frame Relay, the Trusted Internet Connection (TIC), 100 Base T operations and gigabit telecommunications technology.
- Provide network expertise including internal and external users for Internet access and use of the World Wide Web (WWW) server technology by elements of the NAS.
- Assist in the design, planning and scheduling of the MMAC wireless and Voice over IP (VoIP) network services by configuring and installing power over ethernet (PoE) switches to support wireless access points (WAPs) and IP phones.
- Provide technical expertise for local upgrades of the MMAC Backbone/IAP.
- Revise specifications and technical writings.
- Monitor network firewall security and network intrusion devices through the receipt, review, and respond to CSMC alerts, report any network security issues, and perform network analysis to resolve network security problems.
- Install systems, provide user access to the MMAC Backbone Network and support all other areas of network hardware/software configuration and maintenance.
- Assist in the design, planning and scheduling of modifications to all MMAC routers by creating network diagrams.
- Provide requested network support to the Enterprise Data Centers located at the MMAC.
- Perform configuration and implementation of new or modified hardware/software and telecommunications systems, ensuring that all components meet or exceed FAA and industry security requirements.
- Support disaster recovery planning, annual certification and re-certification of the MMAC Backbone/IAP by assisting in testing.
- Support implementation policies and procedures for risk mitigation and to ensure systems reliability, security and accessibility and prevents/defends against unauthorized access to networks, systems, and data.
- Applies experience and comprehensive technical knowledge by supporting the overall Network Engineering/Security framework including but not limited to installing, configuring, monitoring routers/switches and other network devices while maintaining secure, redundant and reliable operation of the MMAC Backbone Network and the MMAC Internet Access Point (IAP). Duties require knowledge of Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), IP Version 6 (Ipv6), Multicast, Voice over IP (VoIP), Hot Standby Routing Protocol (HSRP). Demonstrates functional knowledge of firewalls, load balancers, and intrusion detection systems (IDS).
- Maintains up-to-date documentation of Network security including but not limited to, Cisco 65xx and Cisco 3750, Cisco 3850, Cisco Nexus 7X00 and 5XXX platforms, design, operation and procedure manuals. Ensures network team documentation is complete and conforms to requirements before making any hardware/software changes to production network.
- Serves as the technical expert in the use of network management/monitoring tools, Internet Filtering/caching, routing protocols, Access Control Lists, and Uninterruptible Power Supply network monitoring,. Ensures backbone network and IAP conform to appropriate FAA/DOT security regulations, policies, and procedures.
Bachelors degree and 4+ years of experience or additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of a degree.
At least one of the following certifications:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
Must pass Top Secret security clearance (Level 3) subsequent to being hired.