Leidos is looking for a part-time Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) to work at Leidos site and customer sites to support a variety of dynamic training programs. The ISD will work independently, but could work as part of a team with instructors, subject matter experts, and multimedia and video developers on any given project to create and deliver effective and engaging instructor-led, online, and blended learning across multiple platforms and delivery methods. The successful candidate will provide a full-range of instructional design services including needs analysis, content design and creation, instructor observations, evaluation of content and courses, instructional consultations, development of synchronous and asynchronous training interventions, consultation to instructional program and strategy designs, etc.
This position is contingent on candidate being able to attain a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
- Conduct consultations with instructors and course directors to determine instructional requirements, needs, and solutions and assist with course/content approval process.
- Manage training design and development projects including collaborating with technical designers to develop products in support of the training, reporting on progress, and using a database to track projects.
- Analyzing training requirement and designing and developing effective and engaging learning interventions.
- Document, update, and maintain course lesson plans.
- Develop and update online training content including WBTs, job aids, videos, podcasts, etc.
- Conduct training when require on instruction techniques, facilitate small-groups, and lead discussion sessions in classes in support of course instructors.
- Act as a role-player during training courses.
- Create new content and/or improve the design and delivery of existing instructor-led and online content.
- Collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data in support of course/content evaluation and develop actionable recommendations based on the data for the continual improvement of the product/program.
- Faciliate small group discussions.
- Design, administer, and analyze the results of training-related surveys.
Bachelor's Degree or higher in adult learning, education , or online learning, or equivalent with at least eight (8) years of experience in the following:
- Demonstrated experience working with subject matter experts to analyze and determine learning requirements, design solutions, develop engaging content, and implement and evaluate a variety of training solutions.
- Experience with the ADDIE model of instructions design, or the equivalent, as well as experience and familiarity with a broad range of adult learning theories and models for evaluation of adult learning.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge developing online training and learning tools and the knowledge to be able to successfully differentiate the needs of online training from instructor-led training.
- At least two years of experience using tools to create online learning products, e.g., Camtasia, Articulate Storyline, Lectora, etc. or Adobe products, HTML, or other programming languages; as well as an understanding and experience designing and developing ADA-compliant training products.
- Ability to develop strategies for a variety of learning types and their delivery on a variety of platforms.
- Experience developing learning content for online distribution.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully individually, within a team, and across multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and ability to provide proactive customer service support.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate projects, determine how to effectively move them through to completion, and then to successfully complete those projects.
- Communication skills in visual, oral, and written form to explain instructional options, recommendations, and rationale to decision makers and subject matter experts.
- Self-starter with the ability to determine learning needs, propose design solutions, collaborate with stakeholders, and provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated experience/ability to collect, analyze, and report on courses and their impact on learning to inform design decisions or projects.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively convey learning and training requirement through a variety of platforms.
- Master's degree in adult learning, education, or online learning, or equivalent and 10 years of IC experience.
- Program evaluation experience including qualitative and quantitative analysis and data tracking.
- Ability to plan, track, and manage a project.
- Experience using and/or managing learning management systems (LMS) in support of organizational learning and training requirement.
- Experience in teaching, mentoring, and course facilitation and delivery.
- Delivery high-quality classroom instruction that effectively conveys the skills and expertise outlined in the course objectives to students.
- Additional relevant certifications, e.g., instructor, facilitator, MBTI, etc.