Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Network Security Architect at Ft. Meade, MD.
The candidate will be a member of the Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP) Team on the DISA GSM-O program. Perform network architecture reviews, and provide recommendations on network security strategy, and network instrumentation to support defensive cyber operations. The employee might travel 10% of the time.
• Conduct network security architecture reviews to determine the size, and placement of intrusion monitoring equipment during the customer onboarding process.
• Conduct interviews with customers to clarify, refine and propose optimal sensor placement to meet customer security requirements.
• Conduct periodic architectural reviews of installed sensors to assess effectiveness and propose optimal installation alternatives as required.
• Conduct periodic reviews of sensor metric reports to evaluate and prioritize sensors for review and assessment.
• Engage with customers and the DISA team of stakeholders to continually assess and verify sensor service issues.
• Function as the lead network security design and architecture subject matter expert in support of DISA Task Order 29.
• Conduct and deliver monthly status updates to customer.
• Bachelor's Degree with 8+ years of experience; additional relevant experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
• 8570 IAT Level 2 certification (Security+, CCNA Security, or equivalent).
• Experience with designing and securing enterprise network environments (traditional and virtual).
• Experience with designing and securing internal and public/private cloud-based environments.
• In-depth understanding of network security best practices and methodologies.
• Must have an active Top Secret security clearance w/ SCI Eligibility.
• Active TS/SCI clearance.
• Experience w/ DoD and DISA Networks.
• IDS, IPS, Cisco FirePOWER, FireSIGHT, NGIPSv, NGFW, SPAN, and TAP Experience w/ Software Defined Networks.
• Experience w/ cloud security strategy.
• Experience w/ MPLS, VRF, technologies including VPC, VDC.
• CISSP Certification.
• CCNP Certification.
• CCNA/CCNP in Security, R&S, or Data Center.