- Are you passionate about creating a positive user experience for consumers of IT services?
- Are you an authority in designing and delivering usable services and applications?
- Are you a whiz at user research and usability studies?
- Are you interested in working on a corporate IT team whose focus is on supporting employees across a global enterprise?
- Would you like to work for a company whose mission it is to make the world safer, healthier and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science?
TEAM AND MISSION
We are the CIO Services Customer and User Engagement team at Leidos. We provide Leidos employees with the information and support they need to make their IT experience efficient and effective. We are an internal-facing team that provides user experience support, communications, engagement, training, and documentation support for all facets of IT. We are a creative and hardworking team. We help our fellow employees, whether it be through preparing them for a new system via communications and training, providing support on an existing system, or improving interfaces and processes so that they can focus on their business objectives. We are seeking a new team member to help us improve our employees' experiences with IT services.
You are a User Experience Analyst with a background in IT that enjoys making applications, services and processes simple. You are familiar with usability and user experience principles and can apply them to technical topics. You have experience conducting user research and usability studies. Areas such as cybersecurity, enterprise applications, infrastructure and mobility, are familiar to you. As an individual contributor, you will work with a geographically dispersed team of IT project managers, service lifecycle managers, executives and engineers to support the design of forms, applications, services and systems.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Focus on improving and growing the user experience function within CIO Services, including but not limited to developing templates, a methodology, personas, and processes.
- Implement and embed user experience into all IT projects and throughout the core of the CIO Services organization.
- Evaluate new and existing interfaces, forms and applications that support business processes, make recommendations and implement solutions to improve the user experience.
- Conduct usability studies, user research and testing on existing and new applications.
- Analyze user feedback and activity to iterate and enhance the user experience of IT products.
- Collaborate with designers, developers and stakeholders with CIO Services and in other corporate functions to create user-friendly applications
- Enhance the reputation of CIO Services within Leidos by improving the quality of services and the way that employees interact and use IT.
We are looking for someone who is a critical thinker and a self-starter. You can jump in and identify problems and corresponding solutions without explicit directions, and you can find creative ways to solve problems. You are a team player who can win over the hearts and minds of stakeholders. You maintain a positive attitude and are a standout colleague. A keen eye for details is required. If you are passionate about developing impactful user experiences, we have the role for you.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience as a UX Designer, Usability Analyst, User Researcher, or similar role
- Strong background of customer service and working with multi-functional teams
- Strong user research experience, excellent writing and communications skills, and able to use MS Office competently