The Leidos NISC III program has an opening for an Architect in Oklahoma City, OK. The candidate must create and review designs and drawings as required and necessary for the alteration, modernization, or expansion of new FAA facilities to support and plan for the integration of National Airspace System (NAS) modernization projects and program systems, components and equipment. Architectural services must be provided for a wide range of engineering disciplines in support of NAS Implementation programs and projects. Architectural expertise must be utilized in the design, construction, safety, installation, implementation, management, coordination, and efficiency of the NAS. Typical services must include the preparation of drawings of structures and facilities.
Specifically, the candidate will:
- Provide Automated Computer-Aided Drafting (AutoCAD) drawing and database support which can include the production and maintenance of facility baseline, facility record drawings, facility design, architecture/engineering drawings and construction documents for the FAA.
- Validate electronic media for compliance with FAA CAD standards, incorporated as-built drawings of completed construction projects into the facility databases and plan layouts.
- Provide technical expertise to solve facility design. Conduct facility surveys, field verifying existing conditions and newly constructed areas or buildings. Prepare programming and conceptual plans to document customer requirements and provide recommended layouts for organizations and facilities.
- All designs shall be compliant with city, state, and federal codes and regulations, executive orders on high performance sustainable buildings and administrative space orders.
- Assist with the preparation of cost estimates for new and renovated facility requirements including all site work, streets, paring, utilities, demolition, and construction/remodel/renovation necessary to determine project budget requirements.
- Provide construction administration services to review construction work progress, and responses to FAA management on construction and design issues.
- Validate electronic media as-built drawings for completed construction projects and update facility survey databases and plan layouts for moves at the FAA.
- Prepare special drawings, data, and reports which can include presentation drawings for both internal and external organizations at the FAA.
Qualified candidates will have:
- A Bachelors degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineer or related field and 2+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience creating material boards
- Experience using AutoCAD for architectural design
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Civil Engineering2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.