Are you interested in continuing your career in CJTF HOA/AFRICOM in a mission focused environment? Leidos has established and upcoming positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense on a newly awarded contract. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement CJTF HOA/AFRICOM's mission objectives.
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Video Teleconference Specialist. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, CJTF-HOA located OCONUS in DJIBOUTI, Africa. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
In this role you will:
- Communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Demonstrate experience interfacing with both client managers and system users and will report directly to the Task Order Lead.
- Configure multipoint control units, perform scheduling and, manage Tier 3 Audio Visual devices within the AFRICOM theater of operations.
- Manage Audio/Visual Conferencing administration.
- Perform installations, routine maintenance (patches, updates, etc.), remedial maintenance, hardware and software support.
- Act as the centralized VTC network maintenance focal point, receiving and responding to alerts from network VTC systems conducting troubleshooting and coordinating with appropriate vendors for maintenance support.
- Ensure compliance with information assurance directives to include policy development and implementation.
- Track, document, and brief VTC utilization trends to the J6 Director and the J6 leadership team and maintain and update a web-based VTC schedule.
- Determine when to escalate issues impacting the delivery of services provided via the Information Enterprise network.
- Conduct research, and provide project and design recommendations for audio, video and conference equipment as the VTC subject matter expert supporting a customer base of more than 4,000 users.
- Accomplish periodic assessments of the existing network architecture for the purpose of life cycle upgrades for all currently installed audio and video conference devices.
- Direct the actions of a junior VTC technician to support the overall operation, maintenance and, sustainment of the VTC network architecture.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• Currently hold an adjudicated TS/SCI Clearance and be able to maintain.
• DoD 8570 IAT Level II compliance (Security + Certification, equal or higher)
• CCNP - Collaboration
• BA/BS +3 yrs recent specialized or AA/AS +5 yrs recent specialized or a major cert + 7 yrs recent specialized or 9 years of recent specialized (Audio Visual and VTC systems)
• Must be willing/able to work OCONUS for minimum of one year
• Experience working with Video Teleconferencing (VTC) configuration management
• Must be able to schedule, coordinate, and facilitate VTC requests
• Ability to track, document, and brief VTC utilization trends, maintain, and update web-based VTC schedule
• Provide installation and configuration support, technical documentation, ongoing troubleshooting and maintenance, and on site-training support
• Experience performing on-site installations, configure hardware and software for appropriate telecommunications service, and test for connectivity and interoperability
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• CTS (Certified Technology Specialist)
• CCNP Certification
• ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
• Experience supporting CJTF