Job Requisition:Information Assurance (IA) Technologist
Manage the AFSOC Remote Piloted Operations Center (ROC) Information Assurance (IA) program at Cannon AFB NM in accordance with Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC), Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC), Special Operations Command (SOCOM) and Department of Defense (DoD) instructions for the Remote Piloted Aircraft (RPA) Operations Center (ROC). The accreditation packages are manage through the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Risk Management Framework (RMF) process under the approving authority of the 25th AF and AFSOC A-6 12. The ISSO will manage the routing for IA approvals for system and network changes through multiple approval processes dictated by the needed change what security boundary it affects.
- Responsible for developing and recommending integrated security system solutions that will ensure the confidentiality, availability and integrity of classified data.
- Coordinates with wing, AFSOC, JSOC, 25th AF, and SOCOM IA entities to ensure the Operations Center systems meet current RMF Assessment and Authorization (A&A) requirements.
- Ensuring periodic reviews are accomplished, vulnerabilities are properly mitigated and that all security incidents are properly responded to and documented.
- Manage the implementation of the RMF accreditation packages as approved by AFSOC and the 25th AF, the System Security Plans (SSP) for each classified network and submit Security Impact Analysis (SIA) as needed to the accreditation authority.
- Work with the AFSOC Chief Information Officer (CISO), base ISSM and IA personnel to initiate protective or corrective measures in response to security incidents, ensure compliance with DoD and USAF directives, plans, procedures and track IA training and training requirements for the Operations Center staff.
- Work with the Operations Center configuration manager to ensure configuration management for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware is maintained, documented and approved.
- Ensure all IS security related documentation is current and accessible to authorized individuals.
- Ensure that system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the systems life cycle.
- Frequently interacts with customers and functional peer groups to help support the customer's needs. Must be able to interact with both military and civilian personnel of all ranks.
- Requires BS degree and 2 years of prior relevant Information Assurance experience or 4 years’ of experience in lieu of degree.
- This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance and a Security +CE certification.
- Experience working with the 25th AF and experience managing RMF accreditation process is highly desired
- Experience working with SOCOM IA, with RPA related computer systems and prior military experience working in the IA field.
- Highly preferred to have a cyber-security background, military experience in a computer-related career field/discipline and a CISSP.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.