Manage the AFSOC Remote Piloted Operations Center (ROC) Information Assurance (IA) program at Cannon AFB NM in accordance with Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC), Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC), Special Operations Command (SOCOM) and Department of Defense (DoD) instructions for the Remote Piloted Aircraft (RPA) Operations Center (ROC). The accreditation packages are manage through the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Risk Management Framework (RMF) process under the approving authority of the 25th AF and AFSOC A-6 12. The ISSO will manage the routing for IA approvals for system and network changes through multiple approval processes dictated by the needed change what security boundary it affects.
- Responsible for developing and recommending integrated security system solutions that will ensure the confidentiality, availability and integrity of classified data.
- Coordinates with wing, AFSOC, JSOC, 25th AF, and SOCOM IA entities to ensure the Operations Center systems meet current RMF Assessment and Authorization (A&A) requirements.
- Ensuring periodic reviews are accomplished, vulnerabilities are properly mitigated and that all security incidents are properly responded to and documented.
- Manage the implementation of the RMF accreditation packages as approved by AFSOC and the 25th AF, the System Security Plans (SSP) for each classified network and submit Security Impact Analysis (SIA) as needed to the accreditation authority.
- Work with the AFSOC Chief Information Officer (CISO), base ISSM and IA personnel to initiate protective or corrective measures in response to security incidents, ensure compliance with DoD and USAF directives, plans, procedures and track IA training and training requirements for the Operations Center staff.
- Work with the Operations Center configuration manager to ensure configuration management for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware is maintained, documented and approved.
- Ensure all IS security related documentation is current and accessible to authorized individuals.
- Ensure that system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the systems life cycle.
- Frequently interacts with customers and functional peer groups to help support the customer's needs. Must be able to interact with both military and civilian personnel of all ranks.
- Requires BS degree and 2 years of prior relevant Information Assurance experience or 4 years' of experience in lieu of degree.
- This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance and a Security +CE certification.
- Experience working with the 25th AF and experience managing RMF accreditation process is highly desired
- Experience working with SOCOM IA, with RPA related computer systems and prior military experience working in the IA field.
- Highly preferred to have a cyber-security background, military experience in a computer-related career field/discipline and a CISSP.