The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a WIN-T IP Baseband Training Specialist who possesses at least a DoD Secret clearance. This position will support the Warfighter Readiness requirements providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of training curriculum for Warfighter Readiness systems. You will be part of a team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet PM-WIN-T objectives both current and future improvements. WIN-T INC 1 is a communications network that provides the Army Warfighter with voice, data, and video capabilities for use in a tactical environment, utilizing primarily commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) equipment.
The system currently includes the following equipment: Unit Hub Node, Regional Hub Node, Single Shelter Switch (SSS), Joint Network Nodes (JNN), Battalion Command Post Nodes (BnCPN), Network Operations (NetOps), JNN and BnCPN Satellite Transportable Terminals (STTs), and Master Reference Terminals (MRTs) Virtual Server Stack (VSS) Battle Field Teleconference III (BVTC III). In support of specified Warfighter Readiness requirements, perform Total Package Fielding (TPF) functions IAW AR and DA PAM 700-142 with the gaining unit/organization in CONUS/OCONUS at unit home stations, TDY locations, and/or during field missions.
Travel to customer locations to assess unit equipment fielding needs and provide unique systems configurations/solutions to match the fielding requirements and ensure operability. Determine baseline application on new equipment to be integrated prior to shipping to location. Develop guidance on program planning, position management, contingency/emergency planning, position management, work measurement, and productivity improvement. Assist the project manager in evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of major program operations throughout an agency.
New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, QoS, VMWare, Brocade Switches
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot-fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Coordinate with vendors such as PM WIN-T, General Dynamics, and other IT personnel for problem resolutions, implementations, design, and analysis.
- Develop lesson materials and conduct on-site field training of operations personnel on newly developed/implemented system procedures.
- Coordinate with Government customers to prepare and maintain TPF and NET plans for current and future systems.
- Create customized training plans based on current systems, new system upgrades, and mission-specific requirements.
- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and classroom training/operation.
- When required, work shall be done at night and in inclement weather.
- When applicable, coordinate classroom set-up to support each individual class.
- Provide modernization instruction on the operations and maintenance of supported systems, standard and non-standard systems and equipment.
- Serve as primary fielders, installers, instructors, assistant instructors, and/or demonstrators.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS locations.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of related experience required. A minimum of 10 years related experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor's Degree.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Knowledge of Switching/Routing
- Knowledge of Satellite Communications
- Knowledge of Communications Security
- Skilled in the set-up, troubleshooting and understanding of Virtual Machine Infrastructure (VMWare VCP-DCV), set-up, troubleshoot and understand the various WIN-T assemblages
- Skilled in the set-up, troubleshooting and understanding of NCC Operations, Linkway, Raydyne, FDMA and NCW modem operations.
- Proven hands-on network engineering experience
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, DMVPN, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools