The Integrated Solutions Division is seeking a Technical Software Development Lead in Aurora, Colorado to support maintenance and development for the CEGS system, a real-time operational SIGINT processor. The system applications are implemented in C++ and Java, with development managed by an established and successful software development team with good customer visibility. The candidate must possess an active TS security clearance at a minimum, or ideally an active TS/SCI security clearance with a CI polygraph.
The candidate will be responsible for the overall management of the organization's software development team, including both technical and administrative leadership and oversight functions. As a technical manager, the candidate will provide technical direction to the software development team in accordance with overall program goals and priorities. This requires the ability to engage frequently with program management and systems engineering personnel to understand contractual requirements and customer direction, and translate that into actionable software development tasks for the team to execute. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to understand the nature of working with multiple government customers and the stringent security requirements and other restrictions placed on the development process.
As a line manager, the candidate will be responsible for day-to-day administrative oversight of a growing team of 10-15 software developers, ranging from very senior to mid-level technical contributors. The candidate will have overall responsibility for hiring new developers, managing career growth and performance assessment for the team, addressing any performance issues, and terminating employees.
Activities will be performed in a software development environment that is based on agile methodologies, so the ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment. Familiarity with continuous integration models, unit test development, and automated regression testing approaches is highly desirable. In addition to working with other software developers, the candidate will interface with project managers, systems engineers, and customers on a regular basis, so good communications skills are a must. As the CEGS software processes SIGINT data, a strong background in the automated, high-volume processing of SIGINT data is key. The CEGS processing functions involve highly complex mathematical solutions, necessitating significant experience in the mathematics and theory of geolocation.
• Provide both technical and administrative leadership of the organization's software development team
• Provide technical direction to the organization's software development team based on contractual requirements
• Engage frequently with program management and systems engineering personnel to understand customer direction and overall program goals and priorities
• Lead by example in developing creative solutions to the problems created by the stringent security requirements and other restrictions placed on the program by government customers
• Provide line management functions for all personnel on the software development team
• Perform as a primary technical contributor to the software development, in addition to serving as the lead
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
• Master's degree with 15+ years of general software development experience, or 10+ years of software development experience in the SIGINT geolocation domain
• Detailed knowledge of ELINT/COMEXT data, systems, architecture, and geolocation functions
• Demonstrated experience in advanced software development involving an object-oriented language like C++
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems, develop creative solutions, and guide / mentor other developers in doing the same
• Advanced comprehension of UNIX/LINUX/Windows, along with a proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate clearly in written and oral form to logically convey knowledge and ideas
• Currently hold an active TS/SCI clearance with CI Polygraph
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
• Practical and theoretical mathematical knowledge of geolocation
• Experience with TDOA/FDOA/PVAOA/LOB analysis and familiarity with geolocation techniques
• Experience with agile software integration and testing environments
• Ability to collaborate with team members of diverse backgrounds and responsibilities to achieve program goals
• A "can-do" attitude that anything is possible and a demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles and work within the confines of a restrictive customer environment