We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team in developing unmanned and autonomous ships for the US Government. The candidate will help design, code, and test software as part of a Scrum team in Arlington, VA, and will assist in coaching and mentoring junior and mid-level developers. Joining other senior developers, the candidate will help to guide projects of significant national importance. Our team of over thirty developers supports a variety of projects, making existing ships operate autonomously as well as designing and building new ships. Our software handles ship automation, autonomous navigation, sensor processing, and communications. The team also develops simulations to be used for verification and software testing.
- Design, develop, and debug mission critical software source code.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle
- Serve as technical lead for small projects and mentor other engineers.
- Perform peer reviews of software
- Collaborate with the continuous process improvement to help the team improve
- Assist with evaluating field tests
- A Bachelor's degree in a computer related field plus 4+ years of software development, at least 2+ using Linux and C++
- Significant experience working in a team environment, including experience providing guidance and coaching to other developers
- Experience designing complex systems, taking into account performance and user requirements
- Exposure to one or more of the following: high availability, sensor fusion, target tracking, path planning, communications systems, or military systems integration
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Familiarity with the Atlassian tool suite
- Familiarity with automated build processes (Bamboo, Jenkins, etc.)
- Familiarity with game theory, artificial intelligence, petri nets, safety critical software
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- Active Secret Security Clearance preferred