The Defense Group with Leidos is c urrently seeking an experienced SATCOM Instructor/ Field Operations to provide, implementation, maintaining, and support for the Warfighter Information Network-Tactical Increment 1 (WIN-T Inc. 1). You will be part of a team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet PM-WIN-T objectives both current and future improvements. WIN-T INC 1 is a communications network that provides the Army Warfighter with voice, data, and video capabilities for use in a tactical environment, utilizing primarily commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) equipment.
The system currently includes the following equipment: Unit Hub Node, Regional Hub Node, Single Shelter Switch (SSS), Joint Network Nodes (JNN), Battalion Command Post Nodes (BnCPN), Network Operations (NetOps), JNN and BnCPN Satellite Transportable Terminals (STTs), and Master Reference Terminals (MRTs) Virtual Server Stack (VSS) Battle Field Teleconference III (BVTC III).
New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Coordinate with Government customers to prepare and maintain TPF and NET plans for current and future systems.
- Create customized training plans based on current systems, new system upgrades, and mission-specific requirements.
- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and classroom training/operation.
- When required, work shall be done at night and in inclement weather.
- When applicable, coordinate classroom set-up to support each individual class.
- Provide modernization instruction on the operations and maintenance of supported systems, standard and non-standard systems and equipment.
- Serve as primary fielders, installers, instructors, assistant instructors, and/or demonstrators.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS locations.
- Bachelors Degree and 4 years of related experience. 4 additional years of directly related experience can offset the degree requirements.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Fundamental understanding of satellite communication theory.
- Fundamental understanding of the NCW network.
- Familiarization of using a spectrum analyzer.
- Familiarization of iDirect modem.
- Familiarization of MPM-1000 modem.
- Experience with troubleshooting satellite links.
- Ability to travel up to 50%