Leidos is seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration's EnRoute Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology. ERAM is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management. ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management, Data Communications, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance- Broadcast. ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow.
The position requires an individual to work on a small, highly skilled team, which supports mission critical systems by providing technical support and establishing innovative, time sensitive solutions. The candidate must work under minimal supervision, have the ability to multi-task and adapt to change, and possess strong organizational and communication skills. Additionally, the candidate must be highly motivated, very detailed oriented, creative, effective, supportive, talented and a self-starter with the ability to take ownership of assigned tasks, independently determine the approach to fixing problems and push to closure on scheduled milestones and energetic team member who will bring true value to the organization.
• Support the Engineering team by providing Atlassian Administration tasks. Provide overall on-site maintenance of two instances the Atlassian tools (i.e. JIRA, Fisheye/Crucible, Stash (Bitbucket), Confluence, and Bamboo; including first- and second-level support for Atlassian issues
• Provide usage and customization guidance for new projects in the system.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for any questions or concerns raised by users. Administrative responsibilities also include Atlassian products upgrade, patching, backup, and recovery. In addition to the Atlassian tools, the Atlassian tool administrator will provide operating system (e.g. CentOS, RHEL) and hypervisor (e.g. VMWare ESXi, RHEL KVM) administration.
• Atlassian tool customization will include working with the users to derive tool usage requirements and configuring projects, workflows, issue types, screens, etc. to meet the customer needs. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
• Customization requirements that cannot be met with the tool capabilities will be met by writing and maintaining Adaptivist Scriptrunner fields, scripts, listeners, and events. There are several custom plug-ins that must also be maintained. Scriptrunner/groovy experience is required.
• Support multiple programs including ERAM/Data Comm, TBFM, TFDM, Skyline, IRADs. An understanding of the Leidos Transportation Solutions environment is required.
• Support Commercial Off-The-Shelf SW Builds and packaging tasks
• Writing scripts and automating procedures
• Demonstrated outstanding analytical, teaming and interpersonal skills
• Trouble shooting issues. Effectively respond to users requests.
• Off-hours support - provide off-hours support representing the team to address/perform required tasks to keep the test program running
• Other tasks as appropriate to support the development/maintenance team
• Bachelor of Science degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience in analysis/development/report design/building experience in Dev Ops specifically in:
• Administering and customizing the following Atlassian tools (in order of importance):
o Bitbucket (formerly Stash)
• Writing or maintaining
o Custom plug-ins for the Atlassian tools (Java, Groovy, Maven, REST, Atlassian SDK)
o Unix shell scripts (e.g. bash, ksh)
o SQL scripts (e.g. mysql, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
o Python scripts
• Unix system administration (preferably RedHat)
• Development skills in Linux /UNIX environments including shell script development and debugging in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
• Must be able to interact effectively with developers, system stakeholders, and the Customer
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, and written skills
• Self-Starter and ability to multitask
• Trouble shooting support - effectively respond to users requests
• Must be US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green card holder)
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
• Managing/administering VMs (VMware ESXi, KVM)
• Large-team Software Configuration Management (SCM) experience
• Working with (or even administrating) AWS environment