Leidos is searching for a Sr. Systems Administrator for our team at the Capital Region Readiness Center in Martinsburg, WV. This position is onsite at that location. The position is for the 3rd Shift 10AM-6AM Sunday to Friday.
A Sr. System Administrator has the thorough knowledge to create plans to assure effective management, operations, and maintenance of systems and/or networks. Manages teams of system admins and can prioritize work and identify high risk critical problems and dedicate appropriate resources. Has extensive knowledge of a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems.
- Provide 24x7x365 "on site" monitoring/reporting/technical support of VACO equipment at the CRRC in Martinsburg, WV.
- To meet the need for 24x7x365 operations, the Contractor shall provide support for operations and monitoring of the infrastructure computing environment using VA provided tools located at the CRRC in Martinsburg, WV on a daily basis, including weekends, and federal holidays. The Contractor shall monitor VA Central Office (VACO) network, server, SAN equipment, environmental control equipment, including the environmental support systems and notify appropriate VA personnel (in accordance with the VA's incident notification scheme) when any of this equipment fails and/or does not appear to be performing adequately. An example would be checking the function of the air conditioning system; i.e., look for warning lights and hot spots and monitor the temperature and humidity recorders in the computer room. Additional duties/responsibilities as follows but not limited to:
- Visually inspect all equipment throughout the facility to check the condition/status up to 2 times per 8-hour shift per day.
- Use VA-provided tools to monitor/report/troubleshoot/repair requested VACO equipment on a round the clock hourly basis;
- Provide immediate notification to designated VACO points of contact that are listed on the VACO incident response and notification document when a server or device is down, based upon VACO procedures; take corrective action based upon VA-provided documentation and/or direction, including but not limited to a server reboot, replacing hard drive, memory, NIC, motherboard.
- Build servers using VA procedures when directed;
- Windows File management expertise/groups/permissions
- Windows Active Directory modifications/security changes
- Provide VMWare/vSphere support of monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting virtual servers
- Occasional ethernet/TwinAx, Fiber cable installations
- Server Rack management including installing/de-installing equipment
- Record serial numbers and prepare decommissioned equipment for excessing, following established DECOM procedures
- Power devices up or down as required;
- Remediate servers that require patching or registry modifications when directed.
- Maintain a Shift Activity Turnover Report, recording all hardware, software problems and unusual incidents.
- Operations Support Report (The Contractor shall prepare and submit an Operations Support Report each morning at 6am ET each day on system status. The report shall include outstanding issues and the status of each issue. Will include the previous 3 shifts turnover reports
- The position is for the 3rd Shift 10AM-6AM Sunday to Friday.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required with 5 years of experience. 8 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Strong background in Windows server 2008, 2012 and 2016
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with VMWare through 6.X
- Experience with monitoring environments
- Experience working in data centers
- Problem solving skills and good documentation skills.
Expert-level skills in:
- Virtualization (Emphasis on VMware and Hyper-V is important as well)
- Web hosting Infrastructure
- IIS (Knowledge of non-Microsoft web servers like Apache is helpful too)
- Content management (Content publishing tools, CDNs, etc.)
- Load Balancing
- Public and private cloud infrastructure and concepts
- Databases (Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, etc.)
- Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016
High-level skills in:
- Common network protocols and services (TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, DNS, etc.)
- Network routing and firewalls.
- Storage protocols (Fiber Channel, Fiber Channel over Ethernet, iSCSI)
- Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016
- Monitoring software with SolarWinds