Job Requisition:Mobile Field Force Intermittent Instructor
Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world?
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos...Practical Answers for a Complicated World
Intermittent Instructors will deliver disaster preparedness and response training to professional audiences through lecture and hands-on exercises. Training focuses on preparedness for and response to catastrophic events that result in civil unrest. Instructors are expected to maintain a knowledge base as a subject matter expert in the assigned course content. They are also expected to actively seek and participate in cross-training opportunities, as well as present current incidents in evening lecture(s) to maximize instructor resources and the overall training experience for student responders. Instructors are expected to travel in support of position requirements and perform training duties as assigned.
To be considered, candidates must have the following qualification/experience:
• A minimum of 10 years working experience within the law enforcement, mobile field force or other relevant emergency response disciplines that support all hazards incident response.
• Completion of an instructor training/certification course (minimum 32-hour).
• A minimum of 3 years of current instructional experience at the adult-learning level.
• Relevant all-hazards experience responding to man-made, natural disaster, or CBRNE events.
• Must have completed ICS 100, 200, 700, and 800 courses.
• Must have working knowledge of federal response, NIMS, ICS, HICS, and HSEEP.
• Must possess one or both of the following:
o Be an active Mobile Field Force Devices (or within last 5 years) team member, and have experience in protester removal/extrication while utilizing common protest restraining devices (example: tripods, bike locks, sleeping dragon, etc.)
o Be an active mobile field force (or within last 5 years) team member with knowledge in team movements and formations with experience in actual civil disorders.
• Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U. S. citizenship is required.
• Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act.
• Must submit to and obtain final suitability by successful completion of a pre-placement screening consisting of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
• Completion of ICS 300 and 400 courses
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.