Perform a variety of electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance, or repair of equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy. Work involves most of the following: installing or repairing any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment; working from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications, locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment, working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment, and using a variety of electrician's hand tools and measuring and testing instruments.
- Provide Electrician support to a Task Order focused on Field installs and OM.
- Responsible the electrical infrastructure of Unit facilities ensuring power to mission critical facilities are maintained to include developing repair and renovation of electrical projects.
- Provide technical assistance and support in electrical maintenance, repair, installation, troubleshooting, and hands-on repairs.
- Installs and maintains low-voltage (480/277, 600 volts) and below (50/60 HZ) single and multi-phase power wiring.
- Installs feeder and branch circuits including conduit, service wire, fuse and breaker panels, switches, outlets, junction and outlet boxes, lighting fixtures, splices, connectors, and ground wiring for red and black installations.
- Ensures that the material used and workmanship meets the requirements of the applicable technical and safety standards.
- Provide detailed reports on equipment’s failures maintenance requirements and lifecycle replacements.
- Respond to service calls and preventive maintenance inspections orally or in writing through computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) regarding malfunctioning/inoperable equipment
- Use quality assurance procedures to insure that the material used and workmanship meet the requirements specifications, criteria, procedures, and technical/safety standards.
- Provide electrical design input to engineering installation plans and Engineering Change Proposals (ECP).
- Provide 24-hour 7-day quick reaction technical support to mission critical equipment.
- Performs power quality measurements on the commercial and technical power of the facility and plans actions for correction of any deficiencies.
- Able to maneuver in small spaces and lift up to 50lbs.
- Highschool Diploma & 5 years of experience
Master Electrician Certificate is required.
Knowledge of Safe Work practices especially regarding energized work, working at heights and confined spaces per OSHA regulations.
Subject matter expertise level familiarity with provisions and applications of the National Electric Code and ability to select and install domestic and foreign materials and devices under the NEC.
Clearance: Top-Secret/SCI with Poly
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.