Perform a variety of electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance, or repair of equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy. Work involves most of the following: installing or repairing any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment; working from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications, locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment, working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment, and using a variety of electrician's hand tools and measuring and testing instruments.
- Provide Electrician support to a Task Order focused on Field installs and OM.
- Responsible the electrical infrastructure of Unit facilities ensuring power to mission critical facilities are maintained to include developing repair and renovation of electrical projects.
- Provide technical assistance and support in electrical maintenance, repair, installation, troubleshooting, and hands-on repairs.
- Installs and maintains low-voltage (480/277, 600 volts) and below (50/60 HZ) single and multi-phase power wiring.
- Installs feeder and branch circuits including conduit, service wire, fuse and breaker panels, switches, outlets, junction and outlet boxes, lighting fixtures, splices, connectors, and ground wiring for red and black installations.
- Ensures that the material used and workmanship meets the requirements of the applicable technical and safety standards.
- Provide detailed reports on equipment's failures maintenance requirements and lifecycle replacements.
- Respond to service calls and preventive maintenance inspections orally or in writing through computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) regarding malfunctioning/inoperable equipment
- Use quality assurance procedures to insure that the material used and workmanship meet the requirements specifications, criteria, procedures, and technical/safety standards.
- Provide electrical design input to engineering installation plans and Engineering Change Proposals (ECP).
- Provide 24-hour 7-day quick reaction technical support to mission critical equipment.
- Performs power quality measurements on the commercial and technical power of the facility and plans actions for correction of any deficiencies.
- Able to maneuver in small spaces and lift up to 50lbs.
- Highschool Diploma & 5 years of experience
- Master Electrician Certificate is required.
- Knowledge of Safe Work practices especially regarding energized work, working at heights and confined spaces per OSHA regulations.
- Subject matter expertise level familiarity with provisions and applications of the National Electric Code and ability to select and install domestic and foreign materials and devices under the NEC.
Clearance: Top-Secret/SCI with Poly