IEC Server Tier II Technician
Maintains a familiarity with NSG (National System for Geospatial Intelligence) network and architecture on DoD owned networks. Serves as the second line of support for the Integrated Expoitation Capability (IEC) system throughout DODIIS Networks. Coordinates with site O&S personnel, Cedalion (Tasking segment) NCL (Data Libraries), other entities that interface with IEC, and the IEC Tier 3 team to troubleshoot issues with the server hardware and software, as well as communications with other segments on the network to correct operational issues. Applies patches, appplications and software fixes to Solaris and Windows Server operating systems as directed by the IEC Tier III team. Maintains licensing servers and services using Flexera, Sentinel, and other license server software. Updates license files in coordination with the Softaware Asset Management group to ensure licenses are up to date and available. Monitor IEC Systems using proprietary monitoring tools as well as proprietary and vendor provided server logs. Manage trouble tickets in a corporate ticketing system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understanding of Tier 1 & 2 System Administration.
• Server administration in Microsoft (MS) Windows and Sun Solaris environments, including MS Windows Server through 2016, and Solaris through Version 11.
• Ability to create automated scripts in Solaris using Korn and Bourne Shells for system maintenance.
• Ability to create automated scripts on Windows
• Ability to troubleshoot and modify scripts written in Perl and JAVA on both Solaris and Windows Systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot and modify scripts written in Windows Powershell.
• Must be able to attain DD8570 cert within 6 months.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have excellent attention to detail
• Must be a self starter able to work with minimal supervision.