The Deputy Integrated Solutions Division Manager position is responsible for planning, organizing, securing and managing resources and programs to bring about the successful execution of Divisions goals and growth objectives. Duties include ensuring that all programs run within scope, time, and budget constraints. It also includes supporting specific proposals in the pipeline, and supporting the definition and execution of the strategic objectives within the Division. This position also interfaces with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel. This position has P & L responsibility with a projected 2025 AOP of $500M.
The Integrated Solutions Deputy Division Manager will:
- Direct activities that have significant impact on the achievement of results for the Division in areas of both growth and execution.
- Represent the Division Manager to lead Divisional projects or program teams to include functional support.
- Provide leadership and direction within the Divisions customer mission area or broad expertise across multiple related disciplines.
- Lead resources located around the globe, and frequently influences organizational or operational decisions made by leadership and customers.
- Support managing the Division, which includes multiple teams led by managers and/or supervisors. Partner to train, direct and support managers for their success.
- Resolve problems and issues that are complex and involve limited information to give direction to the operation.
- Conduct extensive investigation to understand the root cause of problems to streamline processes.
- Communicate with parties within and outside of the Division, and has responsibility for communicating with diverse parties external to the organization. Representing the Operation with all level of partners.
- Negotiate and influence others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Be responsible for creating workforce and staffing plans within the Division to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Have hiring, firing, promotion and reward authority within the Division, in accordance with organizational guidelines.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the customer and their mission to lead Divisional projects or program teams to include functional support.
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience.
- 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Understanding of managing programs and operations of business
- Ability to work with support functions to streamline processes