Leidos has a career opportunity for a Satellite Communications (SATCOM) Engineer at Peterson AFB, Colorado Springs, CO.
This position will require about 50% travel to CONUS and OCONUS sites in support of the Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS) and Defense Satellite Communications System (DSCS) to provide SATCOM quality assurance at remote United States Government (USG) communication sites worldwide.
• Perform teleport media tests and measurements of SATCOM terminal power subsystems, grounding subsystems, and timing and sync subsystem.
• Provide analysis of test data to be able to reduce, analyze, and evaluate the data obtained from performance tests, and make appropriate recommendations.
• Manage WGS transmission systems equipment used in the geographical area of concern.
• Provide guidance to the customer regarding the SATCOM components and their function, and be able to show a thorough understanding of radio propagation, translation techniques, modulation techniques, network monitoring/control, and such system considerations as multi-hop trunks.
• Bachelor's Degree and 8+ yrs of experience; additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Must possess a valid US passport or eligible to attain one.
• Must be able to travel to remote USG satellite communications sites worldwide.
• Must have successfully completed a Satellite Communication Course, US Army Signal School (or equivalent) or have had five (5) years field experience with operation and maintenance in a SATCOM environment.
• Following training, must be able to pass DISA's SATCOM Media Evaluator's written exam for final SATCOM certification.
• Must have an active Top Secret with SCI eligibility.
• Candidates with prior military experience: Army - 26Y, 29Y, 31S, or 25S/Air Force - 3D1X3