The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking an experienced Last Mile Fill Device Test Engineer for a program in San Diego, CA.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: The iApp program is a large, cutting edge, Cyber Security Key Management Web Application system development and integration effort. This system utilizes KMI technologies to bring an efficient and modern-day Key Management solution to the warfighter.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Last Mile team to provide test and evaluation services for the purposes of verifying and validating both legacy and future fill devices interoperability with current and future End Cryptographic Units (ECUs), other fill devices, Key Management Infrastructure (KMI) Management Client (MGC), Intermediary Application (iApp) and related mission planning software.
Other duties include:
** Conducting Government Acceptance Test (GAT), functional test, and regression test of the Simple Key Loader (SKL) User Application Software (UAS) in the local San Diego test facilities.
** Strictly following the standard operating procedures in the Last Mile Communications Security (COMSEC) Vault and the Last Mile Test/iApp Development Lab.
** Participating in weekly SKL TELCONs with the Last Mile and Tri-service representatives.
** Preparing COMSEC transfer requests for shipment of SKL Pandas to remote KMI Operating Accounts (KOA) for testing and sending to NIWC PAC KOA for approval.
** Submitting COMSEC Management System (CMS) plans and email authorizations to NIWC PAC KOA for approval.
** Drafting and submitting test status reports, Program Change Requests (PCR), and standard test reports, and performing PCR analysis as required.
** Developing standard SKL test procedures for new implemented Navy ECUs and providing technical support in developing new SKL profiles for Navy ECUs.
** Providing Subject Matter Expert (SME) support to the Navy fleet users and Tier 3 Help Desk as required
** Peer reviewing all deliverable documents and reports.
** Operating and maintaining the test MGCs and Last Mile Vault equipment.
** Conducting monthly audit review of all fill devices in the Last Mile Vault: SKLs, TKLs, SDSs, and RASKLs.
** Conducting monthly destruction of both physical and electronic keys.
** Following COMSEC policies and procedures at all times.
Bachelor's Degree and 4-8 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must have an active Secret Clearance
- Five (5) years of experience in COMSEC operations as a Local Element user and/or as a KOA manager
- Three (3) years of experience with SKLs and other similar fill devices
- Experience in operations and maintenance of MGC equipment, ECUs such as tactical radios and crypto devices (KGs), and Secured Telephone Equipment (STE)
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment
- Experience with military communications protocols and policies
- Ability to quickly become proficient in new tools/technologies.
- Ability to identify efficiencies and process improvements between the development and testing disciplines.
- Solid understanding of software requirement management.
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies.