Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the a Testing and Integration Engineer in the Springfield VA area. The test engineer will need to maintain a familiarity with NSG (National System for Geospatial Intelligence) network and architecture on DoD owned networks. Serves as the testing engineer in of support for the Integrated Exploitations Capability (IEC) system throughout DODIIS Networks. This position will be responsible to coordinate with NTO Sr. Leadership on readiness events and guides the NTO O&S personnel on the new capabilities being delivered to Agency, through the NTO test event, for the ultimate goal of attaining Certified to Field. This position will have to interface with the various tasking segments and data libraries that interface with IEC. This position will also interface with the IEC teams to troubleshoot issues with the server hardware and software, as well as communications with other segments on the network to correct issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applying patches, applications and software fixes to Solaris and Windows Server operating systems within the NTO
- Updates license files in coordination with the Software Asset Management group to ensure licenses are up to date and available
- Maintains licensing servers and services using Flexera, Sentinel, and other license server software
- Understanding of Tier 1 & 2 System Administration
- Server administration in Microsoft (MS) Windows and Sun Solaris environments, including MS Windows Server through 2016, and Solaris through Version 11
- Ability to create automated scripts in Solaris using Korn and Bourne Shells for system maintenance
- Ability to create automated scripts on Windows
- Ability to troubleshoot and modify scripts written in Perl and JAVA on both Solaris and Windows Systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and modify scripts written in Windows Powershell
- Must be able to attain DD8570 cert within 6 months
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
Education & Experience:
- Requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
"External Referral Eligible"