The Leidos Cybersecurity Intelligence & Response Center (CSIRC) has an immediate opening for a motivated Systems Engineer in Gaithersburg, MD.
As a System Engineer with the CSIRC, you will be an integral part of a team of knowledgeable engineers responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding of Leidos' cyber defense capabilities. In this role you will support activities like incident response, investigative analysis, and research on existing and emerging cyber threats by working directly with CSIRC analysts to gather infrastructure requirements, perform requirements analysis, work through the formal change control process, stay abreast of new technologies and capabilities, and make best-practice recommendations. You will design, test, deploy, and manage a complex infrastructure supporting critical network defense systems.
- Responsible for product and environment design of the CSIRC network defense infrastructure.
- Engagement with Cyber Operations Engineers to ensure effective implementation, management, monitoring, and maintenance of the overall network defense system to optimize systems performance and reduce potential outages .
- Maintain and update design release documentation, system documentation, and network diagrams.
- Thoroughly document and work through any exceptions to corporate policy through established waiver process.
- Responsible for infrastructure hardware, cloud assets, software, maintenance, and procurement.
- Actively participate with development, maintenance, and validation of the disaster recovery plan.
- Monitor system resources & services to include backups, disk consumption, memory, & CPU capacity.
- Ensure issue resolutions are communicated, and expectations met in a timely and effective manner.
- Participation in internal technical meetings and design reviews.
- Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications.
- Collaboration with team leads and analysts to develop capability requirements.
- Presenting solutions to management with fully formed proposals and documentation.
- Continuously improving team-internal processes, covering design, implementation and validation.
- Provide direct and responsive support for urgent analytic needs.
- Provide on-call support for incident response efforts outside of core hours as needed.
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of experience in systems engineering. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Availability to work on-call schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary. Expert understanding of Microsoft OS & Linux based environments & associated services.
- High-level understanding of enterprise storage and networking fundamentals.
- Experience with managing and administering SQL Server, Linux OS, as well as scripting & automation experience in PowerShell & Bash.
- Attention to detail, ability to both follow and/or provide written or verbal instructions without error.
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance.