Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operations has an opening for an IT Program Management role located in Austin, TX. This role does not allow for remote work and we do not provide any type of relocation assistance.
The selected candidate must have demonstrated knowledge and experience with but not limited to; Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, Microsoft SharePoint. Must be able to provide services to assist in managing complex enterprise projects. Experience in managing assigned tasks to completion within the schedule, budget, and scope of the individual project. The scope of projects includes infrastructure projects, application-specific IT projects, administrative projects, telecommunications projects, security projects, and process improvement projects.
A IT Program Manager must have experience in managing Information Technology related projects. Must be well versed in life cycle and project management methodologies. Must have experience in tracking costs, schedule and performance progress. Must be able to identify and mitigate risks.
Provide IT project management and analysis support for various EPMO/TRS projects and sub projects. Expedite and coordinate services to assist in managing complex enterprise projects. Manage assigned tasks to completion within the schedule, budget, and scope of the individual project. Ensure objectives of the projects are achieved. The scope of projects includes infrastructure projects, application specific IT projects, administrative projects, telecommunications projects, security projects, and process improvement projects.
- Conduct all aspects of project initiation, planning, execution and closeout per industry standards and guidelines established for Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Follow VA and ITOPS IO standards and procedures for Project Management.
- Develop formal project charters as required by the ITOPS IO Program Manager.
- Facilitate project kick-off and status meetings and communicate individual roles and project expectations.
- Conduct formal project reviews with project sponsor at project completion and review all project products to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
- Conduct reviews with the Program Manager on a periodic basis.
- Keep the Program Manager, Customer, and project team informed of the status of the project being managed.
- Coordinate activities with existing ITOPS IO customers.
- Coordinate activities for ad hoc requests from internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans, and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) of the tasks required to execute the project. The Contractor shall develop Project Schedules that are deliverable-based and accurately depict the work to be performed by the project. All project plans, WBS and schedule work product must be retrievable by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
- Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule, and identify ways to resolve schedule issues.
- Ensure that risks associated with the cost, resource, schedule, and technical aspects of the project are identified, assessed, documented, tracked, and mitigated. All issues tracked must be accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
- Apprise EO management of issues that impact the project and require management decisions.
- Develop System Development plans, track activities to the plan, and communicate status, utilizing the latest ITOPS IO Project Management tools.
- Assess variances from the project plan, and develop and implement changes as necessary to ensure project remains within specified scope as well as time, cost and quality objectives. All variances tracked must be accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
- Maintain a collaborative environment with key stakeholders(s).
- Participate in the development of project standards, procedures and quality objectives. Utilize industry and EO established project standards, procedures and quality objectives without requiring assistance from others. All documentation shall be provided to the COR/VA PM for approval prior to any implementation or changes.
- Identify artifacts needed to establish and maintain control of the project. Create and utilize those artifacts mandated by VA and ITOPS IO standards.
- Communicate assigned responsibilities to project members for developing artifacts and performing project activities.
- Review project management activities with Senior Management on a periodic basis.
- Review project-planning activities with the Project Team on a periodic and event-driven basis.
- Develop estimates for project's effort, costs, and critical computer resources according to the specific application.
- Notify all affected groups of approved change orders.
- Track effort, cost, critical computer resources, development activities, and schedule, and take corrective actions as necessary.
- Make and use measurements to determine the status of planning, tracking, and oversight activities.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
- Operationally inclined with skills utilizing tools like; Office 365 (Word, Excel. Planner, PowerBI, SharePoint) Dynamics 365, Project reporting, Acrobat Pro, and outstanding communication planning.
- Understand and be an expert in executive time management, reporting, communications and have entrepreneurial mindset.
- Solutions oriented person with outstanding program management skills and senior leadership understanding.
- Master degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline, plus 10 years of experience. 10 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance