The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer (Java/JEE) to work at our Annapolis Junction location. If the ideal candidate is found, he/she may work in our San Diego or Aurora, Colorado locations. Approximately 5% travel will be required if located in CA or CO (~2-4 days every 12 weeks). This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
The Software Engineer will provide software development support from concept through development and integration to deployment of a large complex system. The successful candidate will have demonstrable skills in use case development, CONOP development, requirements derivation, design, testing, and implementing business logic and Web User Interface (UI) for a security-related business processing application and will establish/manage/verify data in accordance with security regulations. Recent experience in an operational environment is strongly preferred.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for supporting lifecycle development of capabilities using CMMI ML-3 processes in an Agile software development lifecycle (SDLC). The individual will analyze and study complex system requirements, use design software tools, provide support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques with the use of Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools and will use sound software engineering principles to ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant, and reusable. The individual will provide software process management and control throughout the coding portion of the software development process.
- Requires BS Degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
- TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Clearance
- Specific experience using programming languages and tools such as JAVA/JEE, SOAP, WSDL, WADL, and Oracle RDBMS
- Experience with User Interface development, knowledge of databases and structures, and experience working with XHTML, HTML, XML, XSLT, Windows, and UNIX and Linux operating systems
- Must have a solid understanding of sound software development principles and practices
- Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment
- Experience with the following: JEE, SQL, application servers (Tomcat, Weblogic, JBoss), scripting
- Experience with high level requirements management including requirements decomposition, secure systems engineering and development, trade-off analysis, interface control, and testing and continuous integration
- Experience in software development on Agile teams using Agile Developer practices such as Pair Programming, TDD, Refactoring, and ATDD
- Experience with FITNesse, Mockito, and C++ preferred
- Secure Software development (i.e. Layer 7 Policy)
External Referral Eligible