Leidos is seeking an experienced Deputy Program Manager to implement, execute, and monitor program controls and metrics for a critical program to modernize a U.S. Government agency's IT infrastructure to support the rapidly growing demand for secure information across heterogeneous networks and devices and many locations. This senior manager will direct and perform detailed data gathering and analysis to assess, report, and improve program performance and should possess extensive experience in project management and controls focused on IT infrastructure design, procurement, configuration, and operations.
• Implement, manage, and review of all program controls required to meet and exceed program commitments for technical, schedule, cost, and quality performance
• Perform and direct project planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring, and reporting required for all projects and performance requirements
• Adapt proven and effective management practices to identify and mitigate risks.
• Establish standards, procedures, and best practices for consistent, repeatable project management across the program
• Manage project control personnel and direct the work of others
• In the absence of the Program Manager, act to commit resources and make decisions for Leidos in response to Government issues, concerns, or problems.
• Coordinate with contracts, finance, human resources, and procurement management functions.
• Perform hiring, supervision, and performance assessment as delegated by the Program Manager.
• Support process improvement and innovation.
• Support program reviews and briefings; identifies and reports on issues or related problems and potential risks.
• Manage and integrate the efforts of subcontractors, assuring flow-down and fulfillment of all contractual requirements.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Active TS clearance; ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
• Active PMI PMP certification
• 4 years of experience as a program/project manager on large (over $150M total value) IT infrastructure programs encompassing multiple geographically dispersed locations
• Experience serving as a program/project manager on performance-based contracts for the U.S. Government
• Experience developing cost and schedule deliverables and managing to baseline costs and schedules to include the identification and management of risks
• Experience serving as a manager leading and supervising a project management team that generate high quality project performance metrics and reports
• Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute task plans and deliverable items
• Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Additional Desired Qualifications
• 2 years' experience managing cost-type task orders and performance -based contracts
• Experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations
• Experience with Service Desk support and operations
• Experience in Earned Value Management
• ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
• Experience implementing and managing large purchasing initiatives
• Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
• Understanding of DevOps/Agile concepts and processes
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.