The Leidos Health Products & Service Group has openings for Software Architects with experience in the commercial software industry to deliver innovative commercial products, services or a combination of products and services that address customer's specific business problems.
This position will be based out of our office in Burlington, MA.
The responsibilities for this position include requirements definition, enterprise architecture definition, application functional and technical design, external software interface design, integration, test and generation of supporting engineering artifacts.
- Evaluating the impact of new requirements on modern cloud-based application development platform architectures
- Collaborate with customer product teams to determine functional and non-functional requirements for enabling application development platform
- Evaluates existing and emerging technologies to enable system/software architecture alternatives to address functional/non-functional product needs to include cost, schedule, risk, and supportability for enterprise applications.
- Develops solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices.
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and extensibility
- Communicate all concepts related to overall system/software architecture to multiple product development teams
- Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of software architecture and workflows.
- Oversee progress of product development team to ensure consistency with agreed upon system/software architecture
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
Anticipated travel for this role is 25%, dependent upon the stage of the program.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 8-12 years of experience or;
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 6-10 years of experience
- Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with software architectures and complex systems to support product functional / non-function requirements
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Set (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket)
- Proven hands on development experience within the last 5 years utilizing Java 8+ and web service technologies (REST / SOAP)
- Experience with cloud computing environments
- Experience with system API specifications to enable effective system-to-system communications via web technologies
- Experience with aPaaS delivery platforms
- Experience with integrating human-centric design
- Experience with SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)