Technical Editor XML HTML
The Defense division within Leidos is seeking a XML/HTML Editor who will support AN/SQQ-89(V) system technical data requirements for US Navy and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) for NAVSEA Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS 5). This position will report to the OEM site in Manassas VA.
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager, SME’s, and OEM Engineers to support the development of AN/SQQ-89(V) Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) and technical documentation in accordance with current Navy standards.
- Assist in converting existing IETM’s into XML, HTML and hyperlinked PDF multimedia files
- Be able to describe complex and technical topics in a clear, concise, and accurate manner
- Research and obtain available manuals, technical writing, editing, illustration and publication information, as required
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience
- Must have prior experience with XML/HTML
- Prior experience with developing technical data for DoD programs
- Excellent written communication and grammatical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience working directly with engineers and other technical SMEs
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and coordinate deadlines
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- Experience with AN/SQQ-89(V) in either Operations or Maintenance
- Experience with NAVSEA programs and their lifecycle support
- Travel may be required for this position
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.