Leidos is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms
We are seeking a Substation Project Engineer who will work as a member of a dynamic team within our Commercial Energy Solutions organization; specifically our Power Delivery Services (PDS) division: an established group of electric utility engineering consultants that solve challenging substation engineering problems for our utility clients Nation-wide. The Substation Project Engineer will report directly to the Engineering Lead/Manager (a licensed professional engineer) and is expected to work independently while assuming a lead role on project teams. This team member is expected to apply his/her technical expertise to solve complex problems related to substation engineering.
In this role the qualified individual will be expected to:
• Perform Substation Physical Electrical engineering design (including general arrangement, electrical plans and sections, grounding plan and details, raceway plan and details, shielding plan and details, lighting plan and details, etc.) at HV and EHV voltage levels while adhering to prevailing standards, practices, procedures and project/program requirements.
• Lead and/or conduct substation engineering studies and calculations (including bus spans, shielding, lighting, conduit fill, AC/DC loading and system design, etc.).
• Understand and apply industry standards, applicable state and federal safety codes, regulatory compliance requirements and construction codes to projects.
• Create equipment, material, construction and testing and commissioning specifications.
• Perform quality control (QC) reviews and lead QC review meetings on applicable engineering deliverables produced by junior staff, peers and remote offices on small, medium and large projects while adhering to the PDS quality management standard.
• Provide technical oversight, direction and support for project teams.
• Assure proper documentation of project technical data.
• Ensure and facilitate project team collaboration and communication across all disciplines and resolve design conflicts as required.
• Coordinate with project managers to successfully deliver projects to our clients.
• Function as client Point of Contact (P.O.C) and work directly with clients on project-related issues.
• Direct and/or participate in client meetings and job-site visits to collect and deliver design and engineering information.
• Identify and resolve project-related issues while proactively communicating and collaborating with the client.
• Perform evaluations of existing facilities to propose upgrades and replacements and presenting findings and recommendations to our clients.
• Complete conceptual design (one-line and general layout) to support project planning.
• Present and justify proposals, estimates and technical write-ups to management for small and medium projects.
• Provide technical training to junior staff by preparing presentations and workshops and conducting one-on-one meetings to assist with their technical growth.
• Provide professional mentorship while setting and maintaining a positive professional example for the team and junior staff.
• Support Leidos' company goals and represent the company positively and professionally.
• Typically requires Bachelors of Science and 2-4 years of experience or Masters with 2 or less years of prior relevant experience in utility substation engineering
• Experience as a substation lead engineer performing QC reviews and staff training/mentorship
• Experience with serving as firm-client liaison in a support and lead engineering role
• Must demonstrate advocacy of Quality Assurance and Control in the field of substation engineering
• Comprehensive understanding of the utility grid (power generation, transmission and distribution) system and the theories and principles involved in substation engineering
• Comprehensive understanding of industry standards (including NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEEE/ANSI) and their application to projects
• Competence in researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations
• Understand the "big picture" approach as well as the importance of "Attention To Details"
• Ability to meet deadlines under high pressure situations
• Team player who can work effectively in team environment with an ability to deal with and lead a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• High level of computer competency
• Proficiency with using MS Office applications
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
• Experience with substation physical
• Experience with engineering programs and software (including SKM, ASPEN, ETAP, CDEGS or vendor software)
• Construction support experience
• Active membership in national engineering societies and work-groups (IEEE, PES, etc.)