The C4ISR Operation of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Senior Program Manager with a primary market focus in the Command and Control (C2) markets as well as Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), targeting, and global strike. This position will be located in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
The Program Manager will serve as the primary liaison between the PEO for Command Control Communications Tactical (C3T) and Project Manager Mission Command customers. This individual will leverage customer relationships and personal experience to support the Army's acquisition strategy.
Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
• Development and management of the delivery of life cycle software solutions and services designed to ensure mission success.
• Exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
• Coordinate, plan, and execute ACAT 1 Level acquisition milestone events
• Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
• Provide Project Management, lead project teams in defining, planning, and implementing new projects.
• Manage a team of subcontractors, maintaining effective communications and ensuring that the full range of subcontractor capabilities are effectively utilized in proposals and program execution.
• Determine required resources for project completion and communicate needs to appropriate Leidos and subcontractor management.
• Perform Cost, Schedule, and Scope status reporting to ensure Project Managers operate within budget, schedule and scope, and control execution where over run is anticipated.
• Lead by example with professional and collaborative conduct within customer and Leidos offices
• BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience.
• Generally has 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Minimum three years of experience managing a DoD Software Development program exceeding $20M/annually.
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
• Current Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or Defense Acquisition Workforce Level 3 equivalent certification in Program Management.
• Demonstrated agile SDLC management for large development/sustainment programs.
• Earned Value Management reporting and compliance experience on a large-scale DoD program.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
• Strong skills in software development management, organization, and execution for large scale, mission critical software systems and products.
• Experience providing full lifecycle capture and proposal support for task orders to include developing teaming and pricing strategies, providing proposal writing support, and identifying potential candidates in support of anticipated future task orders.
• Experience providing supervisory oversight and coordinating tasks with subcontractors.
• Advanced Degree preferred.
• Technical expertise in large scale software development, architecture, secure development operations (SecDevOps), and automated testing.
• Previous IDIQ-level program management experience.
• C3T, PM MC, Fires or Field Artillery experience as a Service Member, Civilian, or Contractor.
• Prior Army experience preferred.
• Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
• Experience in manpower utilization, procurement, training, problem resolution, and employee relations including subcontractors.
• Experience managing service-oriented requirements involving SLAs and metrics.
• Experience supporting and/or leading business development efforts involving IR&D and CRADA efforts integration, web development, managed services, technology insertion, and cyber security.
External Referral Eligible