Job Requisition:Senior Cloud Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer to work within a small group of technical professionals to implement the Leidos cloud computing architecture within commercial cloud service providers –as part of CIO Services’ hybrid cloud solution. Collaborate with Leidos stakeholders to collect and analyze business requirements against current and planned cloud service offerings; develop stories, and tasks for deployments in public cloud services to include AWS, Azure, and potentially other Cloud Service Providers. Work with Leidos cloud architects to develop standards for interoperability, DevOps pipelines, and automation of cloud services in go-forward architectures for Enterprise Computing (Data Center), End User Computing, IT Service Management and Networking, and supporting application development and/or migration.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Provide hands-on technical expertise to ensure solutions satisfy customer and business needs with minimal impact to other functional areas.
• Coordinate closely with leadership and engineering team members to establish a clear understanding of technical approach, drive design choices, and develop effective technology deployment strategies that allow for future growth and improvements.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and via production of documentation) with stakeholders across the organization to gain the necessary support for the successful integration of new technologies and enhancements to existing systems.
• Establish and enforce standard procedures for infrastructure as software and API design change and management that include an impact analysis, coordination of activities across all functional areas of the organization, and documentation.
• Hands-On Deployment of cloud environments with a focus on AWS and Azure, demonstrate technical cloud engineering knowledge, playing a vital role in the implementation of DevOps release and deployment cycles, security best practices, and change management.
• Support ECM services and Line of Business application migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements within in large regulated enterprise environments.
• 3+ years of experience as a Senior Cloud Engineer with hands-on experience in multiple, diverse cloud, network, infrastructure, systems, security, and automation technologies. Hands on experience in AWS VPC, EC2, S3, ECS, RDS, ELB, and other services.
• Strong understanding across cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data API management) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs.
• 6+ years' experience as an IT Infrastructure Engineer, with current focus on public cloud environments.
• Strong documentation and collaboration skills, dealing with complex cloud solutions supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
• Experience in developing release and deployment plans of cloud, compute and storage services, security services, IaaS/PaaS services, and patching services.
• Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of IT experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• 2+ years of experience leading teams or projects
• 3+ years of hands-on experience working with public cloud environments and services
• Previous AWS or Azure migration skills and experience.
• Relevant Industry certifications such on Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering3000Corporate
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.