Job Requisition:Blockchain Engineer
Are you a Blockchain Application Developer who likes supporting research and development projects developing innovative software solutions? Help us develop software applications to modernize and integrate systems and subsystems into a state of the art blockchain-based solutions for government and commercial entities.
We are looking for a blockchain developer who will be responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting the development and integration of applications in a distributed blockchain-based network ideally in our Arlington, VA location. Your primary responsibility will be analyzing requirements, designing blockchain technology around a certain business model, and the building of a blockchain network and/or building and integrating applications for customer environments.
Fun stuff on the job you will do:
• Research, design, develop, and test blockchain technologies
• Brainstorm and help evaluate applications for new tools and technologies as they continually evolve
• Maintain and extend current client- and server-side applications responsible for integration and business logic
• Be involved in the global blockchain community—work on implementing and integrating the latest improvement proposals
• Document new solutions as well as maintaining that of existing ones
• Develop blockchain-based software systems following the company's Agile processes and coding standards for new and existing products.
• Interact with company Solution Architects, System Engineers, and Cybersecurity Experts to develop systems that are consistent with customer requirements.
• Utilize object oriented design principals, practices, and patterns to ensure our code base is reusable and maintainable.
• Report project status and issues to management as required.
Skills you need to be successful:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related with 2+ years of in product development experience in 'C', 'C"++, C#, or Java. High school diploma with an additional 4 years related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• 2+ years of experience in Ethereum and/or Hyperledger-based blockchain software development
• Must have strong object-oriented design skills (OOD).
• Must be open to using Agile methodologies and practices.
• Must be able to create design documentation, requirements specifications, and other technical documentation.
• Must have strong troubleshooting/bug fixing skills.
• Must be able to work and communicate proactively and effectively in a small cross-functional development team environment.
• Strong software development background
• Experience working with large codebases
• Experience working with open-source projects
• Strong knowledge of common algorithms and data structures
• Familiarity with basic cryptography
• Familiarity with P2P networks
• Strong knowledge of blockchain
• Strong knowledge of concurrency and writing efficient and safe multithreaded code
• Must be a US Citizen
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Current Security Clearance
• Experience in cryptocurrencies
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development2000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.